Modifying KESR

alysterwolf

The Kent & East Sussex railway Trainz route is created by angelah in 2007 and edited by mrflibble last year. The route connects Robertsbridge and Headcorn and serves the town of Tenterden. Many portion is demolished after 1961 closure, but some survives as a heritage railway as of today.

I found the route's detailing is great, though the track layout need to modified a bit. Here's some major stuff I have edited these days:
a. Added portals and turn-around loops at Hasting Line and SE Main Line, four in total
b. Smoothened curves and slopes. Gradients are lower than 1.2% for most portion, and 3% for Rolvenden-Biddenden. Speed limits are raised to 55mph
c. Reconfigured Robertsbridge and Headcorn stations for a compact feeling of the "throat", but the layout is quite similar to the original, as seen on historical drawing on S-R-S.org.uk
d. Reconfigured other stations on the line. Tenterden Town and Rolvenden stations now have larger yards and depots; Northiam and Biddenden stations have passing loop. I made sure the tracks on switches are tightened straight
e. Rebuilt signals with LMS or BR(S) upper quadrant semaphore signals.
f. Some additional detailing
g. Added AJS stations, functional industry buildings such as coal stage and water tower

As this is my first time want to upload stuff onto DLS, should I wait for original authors giving me written permission, or it's fine if I just write their names in the description? Thanks!

Possible future editing: derail switches; lever wire connecting signal boxes, switches and some semaphores; more industry building for siding track

Screenshots

1. Robertsbridge station. The length of Hasting line siding and KESR's loop is restricted by a river bridge and a road crossing
KESR-updates.jpg

KESR-updates.jpg

2. Bodiam Station. A simple layout with one platform and three freight siding

KESR-updates.jpg

3. Northiam station. Passing loop, two platforms, signal boxes, tall and short home signals at end of loop tracks, and diverging home signals at station entrance
KESR-updates.jpg

4. Rolverden station. Three main tracks (note: only one is available for passenger), freight siding on east, loco depot and carriages maintenance on the west
KESR-updates.jpg

KESR-updates.jpg

More screenshots
5. Tenterden Town station, serving big traffic flow of the major town on the line. Two passenger platforms, three freight siding, and a five-track freight sorting yard.
KESR-updates.jpg

KESR-updates.jpg

6. Continue heading north and here's another one track station (High Halden) and a station with passing loop (Biddenden). Train entering Biddenden uses the straight track at switch, then leaves station using the diverging direction at the switch of opposite entrance
KESR-updates.jpg

KESR-updates.jpg

7. Headcorn.
KESR-updates.jpg
KESR-updates.jpg

Well you can't upload without the creators permission, which I would have thought you'd ask before even starting to update it (as I do). The cardboard cutout trees, seriously outdated and I'd replace with speedtrees, which would make it look more realistic. Certainly looks like a nice route and one I'd like to see.

You could try to pm Angelah, but her last activity was in 2014, so pretty slim chance of making contact, I would say. If there is an email in the config.txt of the route, that might be another possibility, but again, maybe slim chance.

Angelah isn't active in Trainz anymore, but she is alive and kicking and working on other things so give that email address a try.

Angelah's K&ESR route has always been a favourite and it was interesting to see what mrflibble did with it. I was working on an upgraded version as well, but a disaster in TS2019 ate up my work at the same time a backup hard drive died so I've given up for now.

I found that some of the old billboard trees were fine as long as they were only used in the distant background. Strange as it might seem the really old ones from TS2004 worked out best for this. Near to the tracks though you really do need to be using proper tree models. Too many otherwise nice TS2019 layouts get ruined by their creators using poor quality 'cardboard' legacy trees and shrubs.
What you've done looks promising so far so keep on going.

Thanks Ann. I assume if the new updates are based on mrflibble's version, mrflibble would also have to grant permission. Would be great to see an updated version uploaded!

No replies from mrflibble though, so I won't upload it to DLS. Instead, I decided to share a cdp file of this route to google drive soon, solely for testing and hopefully looking for suggestions and critics for map skills.

Missing assets that I've found so far are: -

<kuid:304798:200027> One of yours.

<kuid2:328583:3132:3> Jankvis

<kuid2:68787:22150:13> lotharhake

<kuid2:370528:1162:1> neoklai75

<kuid2:146087:27181:1> robertoconti19

Some of these look to be the usual TS2019 version garbage with built-in/payware assets.

<kuid:751492:100291> SR Green Terrier E735 ('Clapham') has a missing dependency <kuid:358971:1475> which is its driving bogie. And it can be found here....... http://www.mediafire.com/file/nniqlqwmtzw/Terrier_Stepney.cdp/file

The session looks to be Ok with nothing missing.

Last edited:
One research I did is, these assets have old version on DLS, but I don't know how if I can switch to the old version on my side, or you may do it

Another thing, I uploaded the steam refilling station on DLS <kuid:304798:200027> enjoy!

Back