Wait for trigger v2

nunez

Hi,

This post is for G.M.

I’d rather contact you through PM, but apparently your inbox is full.

I have a question about the driver command you created.

Is there a maximum number of vehicles beyond which the command no longer works (this is unfortunately the case with the Auran command) ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Cheers.

Allo Antoine, yes its limited to about 5300 entries in the menu (can be easy expanded)

The built-in n3v command already times out at maybe 1000
smart scripter Mika is investigating, why the n3v version times out with async search
i also daily visit the Trainz Discord server if inbox is full
greetings GM

So if I have 72 locos on the map, your driver command should work normally. Can you confirm that ?

its the combi of triggers and loco, but if you run out let me know and i will adjust it
its a compromise between time/workable

What it the asset kud number, I cannot find it. I used the built-in one till it broke. I really need this one.

Made this in januari 2021, because the n3v one times/greys out, still waiting for them to repair it
wait for trigger v2

kuid is <kuid:99999:80001> Wait For Trigger v2
it's another command in your driver command list

Last edited:
I refer to my earlier post regarding the Wait For Trigger greying out. I did try the Wait For Trigger V2 but still had the same problem with it greying out on my large layouts but not on the smaller layouts. I get the impression from your comments that it gets back to the number of triggers and locos already existing on the layout. I have stacks of triggers mainly Horn triggers. I hope that the problem is eventually overcome as I really would like to use this function.
in
I also mentioned in my post about what happened to the thunder and lightning in the storm weather setting. The thunder is there, I just couldn't hear it above the noise of the diesel loco I was running at the time. Didn't notice any lightning, however. Cheers

Cheers.

Made this in januari 2021, because the n3v one times/greys out, still waiting for them to repair it
wait for trigger v2

kuid is <kuid:99999:80001> Wait For Trigger v2
it's another command in your driver command list

I can not find this on the DL. If I use it in my session and release it. it will be listed as unknown.

its the combi of triggers and loco, but if you run out let me know and i will adjust it
its a compromise between time/workable
So I'm wondering if it's possible to extend to the limit. That way, the rule could work much more broadly.

Cheers.

Made a version without restrictions in trigger or loco count
Triggers need to be named unique, FI London to Lille it somehow does not work

I cannot upload it to the DLS because it uses older script functions,
that are now declared obsolete by n3v, but just work fine for me.
Let's hope(read demand) n3v will repair their own built-in command

Wait for Trigger v2u

kuid is the same, delete old, install the new version
enjoy and greetings GM

Even though this is of course a temp solution (till n3v fixes its built-in)
it is handy if people that try it, report on which routes it works and which routes it don't

the Wait for Trigger v2 was downloaded 116x
the Wait for Trigger v2u, 11x

I downloaded WFT v2u. It's fully functional. However, I noted that the trigger name should not exceed a certain number of characters (e.g. "DEPARTCOUPLAGE" does not work).
Hence my question: how many characters are allowed by your script ?
Thank you.

Did a test for you Antoine
-made a trigger called DepartCouplageTest
-added Wait for Trigger v2u
-see the result

click to enlarge

What happens in the menu building of the command
in one string is a text, we get <name of trigger>+<name of loco>
that gets send to the schedule and split again, so once again it's the combi of both names
there is no limit set, and if there is Trainz does that, sadly no workaround that I know of
I run into limitations all the time the last 18 year :)

As requested, I have just done several tests. First with your recommendations.

Unfortunately, that did not work. I then tried to change the trigger name (DEPART - DEPA): no more success.

I also tested a name composed only of numbers (70000). It didn’t work.

And finally, a name composed of numbers, but with a maximum length of 4 digits. And miracle ! it works.

I therefore conclude that (at least on my map) it is necessary to name the triggers with numbers with a length of 1 to 4 characters.

What do you think ?

Best regards.

As mentioned, it is the combination of Triggername+Loconame
Search your list of train/loco names and make the longest a bit shorter
often content creators put their name in front, their choice but not handy when using those

I just ran some new tests.

First, by retaining the "DepartCouplageTest" trigger and drastically scraping the train name (5 characters). Sorry, but it still doesn’t work.

On the other hand, by changing the trigger name with a number (from 1 to 4 digits), it works very well, whatever the length of the train name (at least those I tested).

Greetings.

Back