TGV High speed route (WIP)

Mikeinva

After spending most of the weekend & this afternoon working on my latest route I'm pleased to say that the mainline run is finally complete & has been tested although there are a few driver issues that need to be taken care of to allow the trains to run in shuttle mode the way I'd like but I'll get to that probably tomorrow.

Now my original intent was to run small branch lines using the side platform of the "austin large stations" along the mainline route into smaller city districts but it's not working out quite as I'd like so I'll probably develop these branch line destinations on a separate baseboard(saved as a new route) & repeatedly merge it in areas along the mainline map close to the eight stations servicing the mainline.I did spend quite a few hours this afternoon just trying to lay out a decent road system for my city district adjacent to station #1 but just didn't like the way the roads came out so I gave up on that & decided to go with the merge route option instead.

A couple quick questions: How many "clones" of the same route can be merged at various points along an existing route? & in what region/object group can the light rail/tram tracks be found? I tried looking under Sweden,Germany,Austria & even Switzerland but no luck in finding the tram/light rail tracks used in the Modular City route,I originally intended to use the German ICE trains to service the branch lines/city regions but would also prefer the trams if possible....but if not I'll have to use the ICE's as originally proposed.

I'll keep everyone posted on the future progress of this project & possibly take some screens(just as soon as I setup an imageshack account) so wish me luck folks. :)

I'll check it out but it looks like I may just go the ICE route for the city lines.

I'll try to get started on the city district baseboards some time today & then merge them with the mainline route,of course I still have landscaping,scenery & trackside elements (speed signs) to work on for the mainline but so far it's coming along nicely.

Just a little progress report here.

I finished work on the urban center baseboard & merged it with the TGV route this evening & tested it out using the ICE.I have to smoothen out a few curves & perhaps add a little more in the way of buildings & roads to the other side of the baseboard but the overall results are promising at this point.

Tomorrow I'll pick up where I left off & merge the UC baseboard over near station #8 on the mainline so I can run the same basic branchline as station #1,but will probably just work off of an extended map for stations 2 through 7 in an attempt to create a totally different desination for those branch lines.

Well that's all for now. :)

I really like the ICE consists....I think I'll use them on my next route just as soon as I'm done with this project.

hi there mikeinva

for trams and lightrail systems have you tried

www.trainzdepot.net

there is some really good content on this site

hope this is of some help

dave:)

Thanks Dave but I did find the trams I was looking for in the listing for German rolling stock & tested them out along the branch line route...while they can run on standard track I did have problems with the doors not closing on tram car #2 so in the end I'll be sticking to the ICE consists for that part of the route.

I made some major progress on the project today focusing mostly on adding scenery & testing out tree splines in a few spots along the route.I think I may just re-design the start & end stations with a cloverleaf style turnaround so as to allow driver commands to be properly executed as well as finish up the scenery along the route with a few small buildings & some more trees along the way.

Hello, there are some other good tram websites from Czech Republic and Poland, have a good search on the internet.....You may have to register for free, but it's not a difficult process, they're generally the same kind of set up....

This one's good for TS2009 - http://www.tramtrainz.net/TS2009/news.php

This one's for TRS2006 - http://www.ptram.eu/index.php?page=0

Cheerz. ex-railwayman

I'll take a look at them but I totally stink at downloading anything for the game.Is it possible to make a turnout using double track? I'm considering doing that at each end of t he mainline route since the AI drivers won't accept commands running in a shuttle mode.

Made some more progress yesterday & tested both tracks on the mainline without too many complications,now it's just a matter of putting in the scenery & finishing up the branch lines as well as naming the stations & possibly adding cameras along the route.

I had some problems exiting driver mode last night after testing was completed,I selected "save session" & the game just froze up on me so after waiting a while I had to reboot my system just to get out of it but the project should be fine since it's already saved in surveyor.I really need to get to work on setting the seed limits for different sections of the route,I'm not sure if this can simply be done by placing speed markers along the track,along with signals for running two trains on each track or if it requires the dreaded script editing since the consists are only permitted to run at 40 MPH along the entire route.

Now I'd love to post some screens but due to the limited rules here I'm thinking about joing another board & if possible will post the screens there & link the site here,sure my work isn't as good as the many Trainz veterans arouund here but I'd still love to be able to share it with everyone . :)

Time for another progress report.

The work in surveyor is almost complete,track has been adjusted & signals added(I may just runt two consists on each line) but scenery remains a challenge.

Today I tackled the task of adding trees to the route but after running it in driver the frame rate just dropped dramatically so tomorrow it's back into surveyor to remove the excess trees & perhaps focus more on adding a few small buildings in between stations instead & see how that works in driver.

I still havn't found any other really good forums yet on which to post screenshots but I'll keep looking tomorrow & try to get some shots posted for everyone ASAP. :)

Well I spent a majority of today's efforts focused on removing the trees I put in earlier & am trying my hand with limited sucess at using building scenery objects along the route in between stations but the work is going painfully slow what with copying & pasting a random cluster of buildings all over the map....I'm hoping that when I get it finished it will look decent but at the same time be able to produce reasonable framerates while in driver.

It looks like I may need to add a fuel depot & a freight line of tankers to keep the airport's fuel reserves topped off since I noticed that avation fuel can be delivered there so in addition to trying to figure out a solution to the scenery/landscaping dilema I'll be adding that to my "to do" list for this project.....I think my next route will be more of a desert line as that won't require half as many trees as an urban themed route does & less trees means higher framerates. :)

Had to start all over from scratch

Bad news I'm afraid.

I went to resume work on the route today but unfortunately encountered a corrupt file( probably related to an asset that I downloaded a week or so ago that didn't install properly) when trying to launch TRS06 which resulted in a complete un-install & re-install of the game & a loss of my saved game data up til that point so I have to start the project over from scratch but I plan to make the route much better than my previous attempt since I didnt really like the way it was starting to turn out.

Got a little more work done on the rebuild of the route yesterday & did a scenery test to check the framerate,which seems reasonable so I'll copy & paste the trackside rural landscape along the route....I'm having trouble moving a piece of track on the left side out of station #1 however so I can properly connect it so the train can leave that station without derailing.

Made some more progress yesterday adding a high speed section(six baseboard's worth) between the current final two stations.I probably would've gotten more done if it weren't for the fact that I had to reboot a few times when experimenting with other routes that are included with the routes 1 through 4 add on.

I was trying to get the subway route that is included to work but it kept giving an error saying to add a consist first when there were at least two already,I ended up testing it with the TGV consist but in the end my system just can't handle the tunnels so I had to quit.

Back