"Desert Interactive Railroads"

Hello Everyone --

In recent weeks I have been putting my time into my Desert route, which began with TR2006! Although it has taken this long, progress on the route is always forthcoming, and today I will display 3 screenshotz: A small town 2 hours from the sewage treatment facility under development, and Heinz City, which over looks the MM Shipping yard.

*For more on the route just clip on the videos above!

Enjoy, and have a safe day!
Ish

oknotsen;bt4823 said:
That is a massive and interesting route you got going on there.

I am herewith subscribed to your blog :) .

Hello O --

Thank you, sir for subscribing -- I hardly post except when there is a necessity!

@ All -- O made great looking trenches, which I will implement into my Desert route -- For more info on this creations check out his thread here : Trenches and related assets

Have a good day All

Ish

Hello --

I've uploaded 40 new Desert Rock textures that I will be using on my Desert Route --
All at the DSL right now! DESERT ROCKS 01 <KUID:58223:31050> thru DESERT ROCKS 40 <KUID:58223:31089>

Enjoy
Ish

Last edited:
Good Morning All --

I've recently been asking about signal placement at this thread:
Signal Placement on long routes between Towns! Need help with this!

John and Johnny detailed how signals are use! I will post that info here, as it pertain to my Desert Route!

FROM JOHN:

I put small dwarf signals such as RRS' US&S 2L dwarf signals so that they all face towards the yard throat. What I mean by this is if you go to the big spread out side of the yard, where the tracks are fanned out, the signals have their lights on that side so the backs of the signals are on the single-tracked side. I do the same with stub-ended yards and sidings as well.

What I find with this is the AI then see the bumper as the red signal rather than seeing the signal at the throat as red. This allows you to order the driver to couple to consists, otherwise, he'll complain about the track being occupied by another train.

Here's my absolutely best and stunning track signal schematics.

FROM JONNYC1

Here ya go Ish, these are what you need for yards and sidings; Invisible signals L5 by "LRT505" user ID 635427 the are on the DLS, there are five types, from left to right they are;

1. L5 Invisible signal - Always Proceed (used at the start and end of a yard track)
2. L5 Invisible signal - Converging (04 type somewhat)
3. L5 Invisible signal - Diverging (06 type)
4. L5 Invisible signal - Permissive (05 type)
5. L5 Invisible signal - Typical (04 type)

2016-09-28%20153358_zpstg8p0q2v.jpg

Lastly, my Desert Route is now in TANE -- TANE's great advantage is that it handles massive routes beautifully! I have made tremendous progress in creating new regions, as well as updating old regions! When I get something set up I'll post screenshots and / or made a video movie!

Thanks guys for stopping by, and you all take care now, and be safe :wave:

Ish

Hello Everyone,

Here's another excellent demonstration on how to use signals provided by Cody (outlaw77) ... Credited to him
===================================================================

Ok Ish, here are some screenies of 01, 05, 06, and 06 approach/distant signals. On the 01 and 06 signals, please ignore the small plates with the letter "A." Those are just personal reskins I did of a JR signal G plate for my route. So anyway here ya go:

The first ones we have are 01 searchlight signals. These are normally placed at the end of a siding, where the siding and the main line converge. Place one for movement main-to-main, and another for siding-to-main:

02e401316a32bb4de6e744284d5c0e16.jpg

The next signals we have are 05 signals. These are the ones you will normally place between sidings, when the following signal is not governing movement over a siding switch. Note the horizontal number plate, which has a unique ID number on it. The number usually reflects the milepost location of the signal. These are "intermediate" signals, since they are placed between sidings:

c1f3bfbf50ade2de70703b44306b70a7.jpg

Moving right along, we have the 06 signals. They govern movement over a switch or turnout at a divergence, where movement can be either main-to-main or main-to-siding:

e1e30a457c77042f3b074b0b05588fe0.jpg

And, finally, we have 06 approach/distant signals. These are also "intermediate" signals, except they are placed where the following signal DOES govern movement over a switch. Like 05 signals, they also have a horizontal number plate. These signals will inform the engineer whether he will proceed on the main line at the next signal (green over red aspect) or go onto the diverging route or siding (yellow over green aspect):

01f6d2d2bdce99118bf0102c64da4e2b.jpg

To View thread on signal topic here:
Signal Placement on long routes between Towns! Need help with this!

Special thanks to Cody, John, and JohnnyC for their participation on this topic!

Have a safe day!
Ish

Back