Help for Patching Trainz12

Hello all,
I was trying to patch Trainz 12 Build 49922 to Build 58414.
However, I get an Error message saying "Failed to create Backup of File : D:\Games\TS12\bin\DebugInterface_7c.dll"

I have been downloading this file for many hours and now this Problem has come up. Please help me. I am a Novice user of Trainz and also Computers.

ts error.jpg

Thanking You in anticipation and hoping for the best,
Sudyumna Nargolkar

Hello Sudyumna,

I'd just press the Retry button until it works; also be sure there's ample free disk space on your computer's drive.

If that doesn't work, then have a look at this link: http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/home/tutorials/common-patching-errors

It's on the website of Shane Turner (shaneturner12), the technical advisor of these very Forums. :)

I hope you find some information that will help you.

Also, the Blogs are not the place for asking for support. Next time, please use the correct forum area. This topic would ideally go in the Trainz 12 secion of the main Forums.

Regards,

Kieran.

I have seen that error before (on my own version), but as Kieran has said, the Blogs is not the place for technical support queries. Normally though, clicking the Retry button should fix that issue.

Shane

I have a bit of an issue with my trainz. I downloaded Shelby Local, which is a sesson and do not know where to locate it. It is not in my sessons. How do I get it? Where do I find it? I also tried to get an SD70ACE locomotive and it shows in my railyard, but won't plant itself in survayor mode. Can anybody help.

Hello All,
Thank you for your suggestions. Actully, I know that the "Blogs" is not a place for my query. But, I could not find any way to start a Tread in the Forums. I tried having a look at the FAQ but even they are not much of a help.

Coming back to the problem, Retrying is not helping to a much extent. Any help regarding this and regarding "how to start a Thread" in the forums willbe appreciated.

Thanking You,
Sudyumna Nargolkar

Last edited:
Creating a thread is a case of finding which forum you want to put it in, then using Post New Thread (although it looks like you've now found the option).

Shane

Back