Are you serious?

Davido

There's Trainzerz and then there's .......TRAINZERZ!!!
You know, I think of myself as a Trainzer. Yep, I like to 3D model, do some scripting, build a simple layout and watch my creations go around and I get a great kick out of seeing other people enjoying my stuff.
But that's it for me. I'm not really worried if it's not quiet fast enough in notch 4 or there's 129 rivets along the side.
But I meet people, nice people too they are, and I'm not criticizing them, they know the ins and outs of a locomotives workings, how fast they go, how many were built and they like to run prototypical routes and drive the 9.15 freight to there and back etc. etc. They are TRAINZERZ.:D

So, how serious are you about your trainzing?
Are you a Trainzer? or a TRAINZER!!! :eek:

Now, this is likely to open up a lively discussion. Personally, I'm not a rivet counter although I have no ill will toward those that are because they are the ones that push us to make that next piece of content just a little bit better and they are a wealth of information. They are needed in a community such as ours. I just find other more pressing issues in life rather than whether there shoud be 10 rivets or 12 rivets. The only real problem that I have with rivet counters is undue critisism of freeware creators because the created model isn't prototypically correct. As time consuming as some models are to make, it's a wonder that anything gets built for free and we should be thankful that someone took the time to even try and give us something for free instead of complaining. Sorry if this isn't politically correct, but if that free piece of content isn't good enough, then why not try your hand at it yourself.

That being said, I love for locos to be as correct as possible, but I'm rather forgiving of inconsistencies as long as it gives me the illusion that I'm looking for. I guess that I'm just a Trainzer, but that's good enough for me. This may be treason around here, but there are other things in life besides trains.

Mike

leeferr;bt257 said:
Now, this is likely to open up a lively discussion. Personally, I'm not a rivet counter although I have no ill will toward those that are because they are the ones that push us to make that next piece of content just a little bit better and they are a wealth of information. They are needed in a community such as ours. I just find other more pressing issues in life rather than whether there shoud be 10 rivets or 12 rivets. The only real problem that I have with rivet counters is undue critisism of freeware creators because the created model isn't prototypically correct. As time consuming as some models are to make, it's a wonder that anything gets built for free and we should be thankful that someone took the time to even try and give us something for free instead of complaining. Sorry if this isn't politically correct, but if that free piece of content isn't good enough, then why not try your hand at it yourself.

That being said, I love for locos to be as correct as possible, but I'm rather forgiving of inconsistencies as long as it gives me the illusion that I'm looking for. I guess that I'm just a Trainzer, but that's good enough for me. This may be treason around here, but there are other things in life besides trains.

Mike

100% agree with you there Mike, and reading your comment there I feel we are at about the same level on the Trainzer Gauge :hehe:

David

Well I think I am in the same boat. (So to speak) I just enjoy trainz for Trains. Always have been always will. This last week I have been running USA locos on my Aussie themed route. Even though my Route isn't a prototypical version of anywhere in Australia. :)

I just love running virtual trains anytime, anywhere.

Thanks guy's

Thanks Davido

regards

Axe

Back