Fictional History of my Routes

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I created some new routes that are actually two routes with two versions of each one, which means that there is actually four routes. The differences in the versions of the routes is that there is a 'present day' version and a 'steam era' version of each route. I decided to come up with a history that applies to each route. Here's the history of them:

Steam Era Route and 1950's Route:
The (name of railroad) is a shortline founded in (this year) and started in (this town) and made its way to (this town). It is operated, and owned, by the Harrison family since it was founded. Even though the (major railroad the sortline is connected to) is nearing a complete dieselization and having their steam locomotives either retired, scrapped or donated to display, the (name of railroad) still operates steam because the boss of the railroad 'Old Man' Harrison V believes that 'if it works, don't fix it, or replace it.'

Present Day:
The (name of railroad) is a shortline founded in (this year) and started in (this town) and made its way to (this town). It connects to (this railroad) in (this town). The railroad has been owned by the Harrison family since it was founded. The (name of railroad) operated steam into the late 1960's because the boss of the railroad, Richard Harrison VI believes that 'if it works, don't fix it, or replace it,' though he finally gave in and dieselized the railroad in the early 1970's. The (railroad or railroad museum) operates excursion steam or diesel-powered trains between (this town) and (this town or towns).
The boss of the railroad Richard B. Harrison VI, shares control of the railroad with his son, 'Ricky' Harrison VII, whose son Richard 'Corey' Harrison VIII is head of operations. Rick Dale is head locomotive mechanic while Danny Coker is head of fabrication. Danny's got the nickname 'Count' because of his interest in the Twilight series of books and movies and vampire movies. Corey's best friend, and the company's official 'Village Idiot,' Austin 'Chumlee' Russel is head of Customer Service.

Note: If you watch History Channel (A TV Channel at least in the US), the names sound familiar.

Back