My life with Trainz

epa

Angry Trainz Nerd
I'm starting to remember my first days of Trainz. I got Trainz Driver North American Edition (not the iPhone game, it was basicallly a TRS2006 demo) back in 2006. I loved it. I didn't like that you couldn't build your own routes or sessions, but I loved using the Amtrak NR 7 session on the Marias Pass (full). The full Marias Pass was included in TDE. I remember when I got TRS2006 back in 2007. It came with a serial number to another game that was not by Auran. God, I was so upset when I found that out. I had to ask a question on the helpdesk to get a new serial number. A week later, I was finally ready to install TS2006. Installation took a long time. When I played it for the first time, the first thing I wanted to do was drive on the Marias Pass. I was disappointed when I discovered the full Marias Pass wasn't on there, but replaced with a severely cut down version, which only went from Shelby to Fort Pigeon or however it's spelled... I got TC1&2 in 2009, and I fell in love with all the commuter stuff, but I noticed that most of the stuff that was in TRS2006 was gone, which made me angry. In 2011, I got TS10. I lost the serial number before I could register it. Big mistake. I built a lot of cool routes in TS10, even though I only had access to TC1&2 and lower on the DLS. I got TS12 a few months ago. The first thing I did was register it, then I copied my routes from TS10 to TS12. I also copied some of my reskins. I am still using TS12 today, and it's fun. Well, that's my story. Now go do something outside.

-Matt

edit_preview.php

5 years Wow me wow! I like that I was not the only pissed off in loss of content thru various versions. Your story is almost mine! I got 2006 and the Marias Pass demo. I took the grain train session and was over joyed when I was passed by another train on my way to load the grain hoppers! I almost fell out of the seat when the grain cars opened to allow the grain to fall into the cars! Then I had to haul butt to get passed by that Amtrak! WOW those were fun times! I never bought the full route?? why? hmmmmm.

Oh I got into creating my own! 3 years in the making!

Thank you for sharing your story!

William

Last edited:
Holla

I was looking for someone to please help me repaint a C17. I need a bit of help repainting a random C17 to Blue. I f you can help me, please text me back. if you don't know what I am talking about. I want to model the C17 that beudesert Rail had "C17 no. 967". Thanks.

There is plenty of resources here. Grab yourself a little free program called gimp. It has a little learning curve but works great. If not you could send pics of how you want the C17 plus the model in CDP form. If no model available from g max its like $100. If you have a shell or previous TS2012 Model of the C17 and the job is not too hard some may do it for $20. I'm still learning the program myself as well as new stuff in Tranz everyday.

Enjoy the learning curve, Cheers William

Oh and when you start getting that curve down. The rewards are endless!

So Williamb73, our stories are almost exactly the same, eh? The only difference being that I purchased the Marias Pass X when I got TS12.

Back