Simulator Central Digital Downloads - things to watch out for, and how to solve them

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
This entry will detail the possible issues you may come across, and how to solve them.

Unable to install due to 'Insert Disk' message

To sort this, make sure you have downloaded all the relevant files for your version (usually, this means using all of the given download links and download into the same folder)

Unable to run part1 file (mainly applies to full version downloads, not the addon packs) due to Windows not recognising file

In this scenario, the setup.part1 file does not always seem to have an extension, and sometimes has a number in brackets after it. In this case, remove the bracketed portion and add .exe at the end.

Unable to open addon pack installer due to Windows not recognising filetype

In this scenario, make sure you've got either 7-ZIP, WinRAR or a similar tool. If Windows still will not open the file, add .rar to the end of the filename.

In addition to the above, Windows may have blocked the file from being opened. You can check this in the Properties box by right-clicking the file and clicking Properties. If there's an Unblock button, click it to unblock the file.

Shane

Shane: I have just looked into the error that IE9 gives when it completes the download or zipped DLC files from Simulator Central and it says "The publisher of this program couldn't be verified". So it looks as if this is something that Simulator Central needs to correct by making the required changes to its file properties.
Derek.

I am trying to install Trainz 12. It's asking me to insert disk setup-2b. There is no setup-2b. The downloaded files are setup.exe, setup-1a, setup-1b, setup-2a.

I have downloaded the files several times, using two different computers.

Last edited:
The likely reason for this is that you haven't downloaded all the required files. On some versions it's 4, on others, it's 6 (if it's the .bin version, you should have 6 files)

If this is not the case, contact Helpdesk.

Shane

shaneturner12;bt1471 said:
The likely reason for this is that you haven't downloaded all the required files. On some versions it's 4, on others, it's 6 (if it's the .bin version, you should have 6 files)

If this is not the case, contact Helpdesk.

Shane

I am getting .bin files, but there are only four listed for download. I got a response from helpdesk saying that they were going back to the six files, be sure to put them all in one folder, blah, blah, blah. All they failed to do was to actually give me access to the six files.

I am an enterprise systems admin for the largest technology company on earth, and frankly these issues are amateurish and 100% avoidable. I appreciate the sale, but a sale is no excuse to have this many problems, for this long. In ecommerce, the ability to deliver your product RELIABLY is EVERYTHING, and this should have been resolved the very first day. How many people have to submit how many tickets before N3V will decide to hire a COMPETENT systems admin and fix this problem? My company knows a thing or two about delivering BILLIONS of downloaded items, and of course we have problems occasionally. What we DON'T do is NOT FIX IT, and just tell our customers to wait while we sit and count the cash that they gave us. We FIX the problem, AND refund the money if the customer so requests, AND the customer gets to keep the product. THAT'S how ecommerce is done by competent companies.

Last edited:
If you are having trouble accessing the files, take it up with N3V. I must correct you regarding the last bit though, based on experience - once a refund is given, the customer no longer owns the product.

Shane

As I posted in a new thread:

Just as I am vocal about being provided with poor customer service, I am just as vocal about a company that is able to turn that bad situation around.
Tony Hilliam, CEO of N3V Games, personally intervened and got my issue resolved today.

It turns out that my particular issue, with the setup-2b.bin file missing, was one that actually only affected two people.
That is why it took longer than I thought it should have to resolve - My issue was not the same one that was affecting
most of the other people.

For those of you that told to me to give N3V time to resolve the issue, and whom I summarily ignored, I apologize. You were right, I was wrong.

Now, onto learning about this great simulator, and starting a barrage of "How do I?" posts in the forum...

i don't know on how to fix the part at the insert a disk message,can you please explain me on how to do it?

help.jpg

BreakingHertz;bt4121 said:
i don't know on how to fix the part at the insert a disk message,can you please explain me on how to do it?

help.jpg

I would suggest that you make sure all the files from the download are in the right place and that you have downloaded all the files that are part of the order.

Shane

Back