Not a Building...Part Three

Euphod

No Friend requests please
Here is my latest attempt. Please ignore the anomalies around the header panel, I haven't cleaned that up yet, but I'm running out of time!

ca242a2b0815545487224a723fc192da.jpg

As always, any comments good or bad are welcome, in fact, desired!
Thanks for stopping by!:)

The logo is looking much better! Although I think "Start" "Options" "Extras" & "Forums" are all getting a bit lost in the background. They're readable to me, but a fair bit more 'busy' then one would like.

peter

PerRock;bt75 said:
The logo is looking much better! Although I think "Start" "Options" "Extras" & "Forums" are all getting a bit lost in the background. They're readable to me, but a fair bit more 'busy' then one would like.

peter

Different font then? Thicker, wider, bolder? Any picture used as a background will have clutter where the buttons appear, and I'm trying to reach a balance between those that would like solid buttons, and those that would like more transparent buttons.
Any suggestions, including fonts, size up to and including suggesting I give myself a prostrate exam are appreciated. Thanks for commenting and following the blog.:)

I think it looks great and much improved on the earlier version. The white lettering is probably going to be the best choice especially with the partially see through box. I imagine the box colour will give sufficient contrast to permit most background images but there will always be some that don't work.

I'm looking forward to the instructions, assuming you still intend to post them. :cool:

pcas1986;bt78 said:
The white lettering is probably going to be the best choice especially with the partially see through box. I imagine the box colour will give sufficient contrast to permit most background images but there will always be some that don't work.

I'm looking forward to the instructions, assuming you still intend to post them. :cool:

My thoughts exactly. I've E Mailed you regarding the instructions.
Thanks for the comment!:)

GNdome55;bt86 said:
I like it. Maybe a small but sharp outer glow in white to define the box edges.
Gordon

Thank you. Now we get into the matter of personal preferences, as it's become obvious to me that I won't be able to please everyone. I am probably not going to waste further time by making a series of railroad specific templates when everyone seems to want minor differences in the appearance, but I will post instructions detailing how one can do the same mod on their own.

Thanks for commenting!:)

Euphod, I really do think it looks fine the way it is. I like the translucent effect and the white font is easy to read. This was my first visit to the blog thing in the new forum and I didn’t see your earlier versions. (On a side note, on my screen all the comments in the blogs have the avatars covering up the screen names)

GNdome55;bt91 said:
<snip> (On a side note, on my screen all the comments in the blogs have the avatars covering up the screen names)

Same here. It's probably a bug in the forum software.

GNdome55;bt91 said:
Euphod, I really do think it looks fine the way it is. I like the translucent effect and the white font is easy to read. This was my first visit to the blog thing in the new forum and I didn’t see your earlier versions. (On a side note, on my screen all the comments in the blogs have the avatars covering up the screen names)

No problem, and my screen shows the same!
My point is that this type of mod is so personal to each member, that my original plan to provide different "themes" would probably be a waste of effort. I had intended to make different screens for each major, and some minor railroads in the US, and maybe other nations for members to install themselves, but it's become apparent to me that everyone has a preference I cannot fulfill!
To address this, I've released a tutorial on my blog, in the latest post. I meant nothing ill towards you, I appreciate everyone's opinion, it's just that, in this case those opinions convinced me that "one size will not fit all" in this case!:D

Thanks for visiting, and let me know if you try the tutorial, or need help with the same! And keep working on that lovely route of yours...:wave:

leeferr;bt129 said:
Ed
It looks great. I like it much better than the first two. Genius at work again.

Mike

So, soon you'll be showing off your "L&N" menu? I'll be looking forward to it!;) Thanks for the encouragement, and the comment!

Could very well be. Are your instructions just for TS12 or do you know if they'll work in 09 and 10 also? Again, great work Ed.

Mike

leeferr;bt133 said:
Could very well be. Are your instructions just for TS12 or do you know if they'll work in 09 and 10 also?

Thanks Mike, and although I haven't tested them in other versions, PerRock was able to
use the information to reskin a 2009 version. Please read his comments under the tutorial's post. Good luck buddy!

Well, I guess I'm lost. I've looked but can't find the tutorial's post.

Never mind. I found it. It must be late.

Last edited:
Back