Not a Building...Part Two

Euphod

No Friend requests please
After much fine tuning and rending of clothes, gnashing of teeth, I've come up with this:

5d3383483ccff07c27037ac1e8a0fd4a.jpg

Please comment, and let me know if this is getting closer to acceptable. I am toying with the idea of adding "Norfolk Southern Edition" to the lower left corner. Let me know what you think of that. Also, tell me if you think the "Trainz 12" banner at the top is needed, or if it would not matter to you if it were not there. Thanks for viewing!:)

It's better then the previous. Although I think I'd loose the transparency all together. It doesn't look like you are covering up anything that important if you do.

And I might try and do something to bring out the "Trainz Simulator 12" a bit more; at the moments it's kind of getting lost in the background.

Peter: The transparency may not obscure anything important on this graphic, but it may on others. Are you saying you think the "Trainz Simulator 12" header is important? It can be removed all together, and certainly can be "brought out" more if desired.

Adam: The buttons must be there, I'm sure you understand that. These are very close to the original buttons, what, specifically do you not like about them now?

If you gentlemen could please help me by answering the questions I have asked in the post, I would appreciate it.

Make the button solid, and make the Logo stand out a bit more. I think rather then make the design fit the image, you should make the image fit the design.

peter

If this a HTML Page that you are editing it in... I have not looked at it at all... Maybe you could make the buttons like 25% Op and have them a mouse over to put the text in them , or make the button only 10% of the rounded end of the button and when moused over they slide out from the edge of the image.. ... thus almost removing them to give a clear view of the graphic.

And maybe only a drop shadow on the Top Logo.. that pulses would do two things bring it out and not be too obtrusive..

Just an idea...

Thank you gentlemen for your ideas. It is not an HTML Page, that would actually be easier. The design is restrictive, but I am able to make the buttons anything I choose, and can range them from invisible unless moused over to solid. A menu screen without visible navigation buttons seems counter intuitive to me, but they can be very obvious to very discreet.
It's difficult to release a product with such a small sampling of opinions, and I don't have the luxury of starting focus groups like a marketing company!
I also can't seem to locate a good, clean graphic for the banner..
I will keep working on it as time allows, but I'm suspecting it will come down to individual preferences, and I don't care to make custom screens for each person that asks.
Perhaps this is a project better left to each member, if they even care to change it at all!

Thank you for your advice and opinions!

While I'm on the subject of digging around in there, has anyone found the source files for the surveyor compass? I'd like to clean it up a bit...

peter

PerRock;bt72 said:
The font "CA Magic Hour" is the closest I've found to the Trainz font, so with some small changes you could make it work. The actual "Trainz" part is a different font (and not actually a font, something done in-house for it) but you could get that from one of the older Fan Kits.
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/capearcona/ca-magic-hour/regular/

peter

Thanks Peter for the help, and I'm sorry, but I don't know where the compass is hiding!

Oh it's ok, found it anyways (I've must have looked right over it a couple dozen times).

peter

Edit: proof!

Last edited:
PerRock;bt80 said:
Oh it's ok, found it anyways (I've must have looked right over it a couple dozen times).

Looks nice, you may want to share that mod, there's a few chronic complainers who target the compass regulary! Well done, and you can consider me cheap, but I'm not paying $20.00 for a font!:D

Back