THE MARSZ BLOG

Hi Ish

Pretty Cool Videos. Will be keeping my eye out for the Modules.

Side note: kuid 58223:25176 HST Maglev Unit A shows an unknown dependency kuid 58223:25308. CMP cannot locate it and it does not appear on the DLS. Appreciate help in locating this item.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the video comments, etc --
Whenever the modules land on the DLS I will certainly make a note here! Trying to make as many as I can - thus far 13 done in different varies, etc

Great catch on that kuids --- that's an error on my part -- the HST supports to have a cab but I changed my mind in the last minute and forgot to delete the interior kuid for that HST! Will make the necessary changes and upload today!

Thanks again, Steve

Regards
Ishie

Good Morning All,

I have updated the HST, which had an error (the new version has an invisible cab), and send it to the DLS yesterday -- I uploaded over 60+ new and updated items too, etc -- However, the DLS is going through some issues -- here is the link that was provided to me via the forums, etc

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...tance-January-22nd-2013&p=1101697#post1101697

I will update the blog when all items are ready to download from the DLS!

(I am going to experiment on adding a "rusted track" type that can be use on Marsz - I feel it time to add these type of tracks to Marsz - the track will be merge with marsz theme structures, etc -- more info at a later time on this idea!)

Cheers all
Ish

Last edited:
Hi Steven,

Thanks for the kind words!

Also, Glad that the HST is working fine!

Last note -- Manuel and I are working on getting a new invisible passenger station that will measure 200m and 300m long for the HST's -- there is no timetable, but these two items will be coming, along with a new stations to accomodate the HST units!

Thanks again for catching that error!
Take care
Ish

Hi Colonists, LOL

I have been working on how to further present the Marsz contents, and I have concluded that the best solution is creating full scale interactive modules! These come in two forms; Marsz Base Modules (MBM) and Vast Desolated Landscapes (VDL)

I have implemented a set of standards for Marsz Base Modules! The modules will measure a distance of 2 miles or 3.2 k in length (6x4 boards across). They will be complete in every detail, with industrial tracks for specific duties or any duty you choose to give these tracks, to passenger stations – junctions have been named and traffic signals have been put in place. The modules have a simplistic design for easy merging; so after the merging is completed all you need to do is connect tracks.

Also, there’s a secondary option if you wish to use it but not require for game play, and that is connecting the invisible blue track that is provided – each MBM and VDL comes with invisible blue tracks, and all you need to do is connect them, and set up your own Aerial unit as you like.

Now that the MBM are defined generally, allow me to detail how MBM and the VDL must work together to create a grand interactive route …

Vast Desolated Landscape (VDL) are designed to merged with (MBM) to create distance between Marsz Base Modules; for example, a VDL (version A) measures 2 miles / 3.2 k in distance, so if you continue merging them you can quickly and effectively add many miles / km to your route! (Just connect the trackS thereafter, and add the necessary marsz speed signs if you wish).

However, one must note that not all VDL are alike; for example, VDL versions A’s are created to travel from West to East! Furthermore, each version A is designed differently than the previous version, for example, version A 00 has only tracks layout, whereas VDL version A 01 has boulders and rocks surround the tracks, etc.! Now VDL version B’s travels from North to South, and what applies to version A’s also applies to version B’S … it’s all about adding whatever your imagination wants to these boards, etc.

Now we need to connect Version A and B, so this is where version C comes in … VDL version C has been designed to do just that – you must merge version A to either left or right side, and then merge version B either on top or bottom – and then just connect the tracks.

One last note on MBM: some MBM will travel from West to East, whereas others will travel from North to South, so before merging the VDL to the MBM first located the geographical destination of each MBM by just looking at the main track direction!

NOTE – Since the modules contains so much new and updated contents, I have been uploading regularly if you have not noticed these couple of days. There’s another pack of nearly 100 items that needs to be upload to the DLS, and when that’s done then I can upload the modules – I will not give a timetable because then it means expectations, but I am going to try to upload as soon as I can in days to come! The MBM are all done, let me repeat, it’s all about the contents uploads, etc.

Any questions post here or e-mail, whatever you like guys!!

Everyone take care, and thanks for reading!:p

Ish

Last edited:
hi ish6 you are fantastic , im am so waiting to see your mods , i have been d/l all your work , i know this sounds silly because im an old-old guy who can remember staying up all night watching the moon landings live , well as live as they imformed us hahaha keep up the great work please thanks again gerns

1940gerns;bt1965 said:
hi ish6 you are fantastic , im am so waiting to see your mods , i have been d/l all your work , i know this sounds silly because im an old-old guy who can remember staying up all night watching the moon landings live , well as live as they imformed us hahaha keep up the great work please thanks again gerns

Hi, and thanks for the kind words --- I was born in 71 so I wasn't around that time, but it's cool to see the old footages of that day! I am a big scifi fan, so I enjoy doing all of this contents, and jsut being creative, etc ... :wave:

Take care, and thanks again!
Ish

Hello Everyone,

Available right now are 60+ new and updated items ---

Also, these modules was send yesterday, and should be available later today at some time! When they do become available I will make an announcement at the forum, and that will be the place for all modules related issues! However, the blog will continue to be updated as necessary! Furthermore, the info here could be somewhat similar to what is posted at the forum!

If you have any questions on the modules please post when the Module thread is created at the forum!

Marsz Module - Midway Station <KUID:58223:100284>
Marsz Module - Midway Station (Intro Session) <KUID:58223:100272>
Marsz Module - New Heinz City (Intro Session) <KUID:58223:100283>
Marsz Module - New Heinz City <KUID:58223:100236>
Marsz Module - Vast Desolated Landscapes vB 00 <KUID:58223:100298>
Marsz Module - Vast Desolated Landscapes vB 01 <KUID:58223:100275>
Marsz Module - Vast Desolated Landscapes vB 02 <KUID:58223:100300>
Marsz Module - Vast Desolated Landscapes vB 03 <KUID:58223:100302>

Thanks for reading!
Ish

(PS. There is a low-life that has nothing better to do then to post spam on this blog - i have reported this to N3V -- the first time they took action and deleted his account, but he is back again, so hopefully they can banned his IP - if this fails I would have to moderate all comments, meaning your comments will not appear til I approve them, but this is a step I do not want to take! I know that you do not get these spam posts, only I do -- I think he thinks that everyone gets the spam, but NOT!!!-- i am the only one that gets it as an e-mail saying that someone posted on the blog, so there's no concern there --This low-life is located in China -- it does not surprise me)

Last edited:
Good Morning All!!!

Thanks to Steve for catching this since N3V system did not --- these dependencies have been uploaded, with an additional 40+ items, including greenhouses!!

58223:100285 Skylift Adventures missing 58223:24354
58223:100305 Manual Martinez missing 58223:25868 & 24590:1
58223:100304 Trans-Alliance missing 58223:24355

11+ new modules can now be found at the DLS --- Tire now but will update Interactive Module thread later today with this same news, etc!

Take care you all!!!

Ish

Good Morning All,

40+ new items are now at the DLS, check your CMP+!

I am working of uploading nearly 100 new and update items, in groups, tho!

Modules that are coming soon are:
Liberation Base
Echo Base
Logman's Run

VDL vE - these will be dedicated to rails, etc

Echo and Logman will have rails so you can use any engine or rolling stocks, etc ....

Cheers
Ish

Back