Trainz Install Guide: Installing a digital download version

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
This guide is to assist users who have problems installing a digital download version of TS2009,TS2010,or TS12.

Follow each step accordingly, and if you run into problems, leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Note: These instructions will only work if you have indeed bought a digital download.

It is important to use a download manager program to download the files, as they are ~1.5GB each.

1.Create a folder for the files.
2. Visit https://www.auran.com/planetauran/Order_History.php, then click the appropriate entry for your digital purchase.
3.You will then reach a page with up to 6 links.

For each link:
4. Click the download link for the primary server. If this does not work properly, use the mirror server link.
5.When asked whether to open or save, use the Save function as this should trigger the download manager to take over the download.
6.When asked where to save, select the folder you created in Step 1.

Once all of the files are downloaded:

7.When all of the files (there are 6 of them for TS2010/TS12) have been downloaded, open the created folder and double-click the setup.exe file to start the installation.

If anyone has any further information that may help this, please let me know by leaving a comment.

Shane

Back