Something's Cooking.....

quakers1

Stuck With a Bad Username
It's been a minute since I've added anything to this blog, to say the least. Kind of surprised that it still works :hehe:

It's been an even longer time since I've spoken anything of a route I spent awhile working circa 2010; the BNSF Thayer South Sub. My most recent blog entry would indicate that this project is officially vaporware. For those of you who remember this route, I bring you good news. The route is not dead after all! Not living within short driving distance of the real-life Thayer Sub anymore has made me realize just how much I miss railfanning that often overlooked BNSF mainline. Turns out that rekindled interest in route building is among the side effects of missing your home rails.

The last week or so has been spent taking the plunge on Trainz 2019 and getting it set up for my system. So far, I'm really liking the new sim! Holding out for a time to let some of the bigger kinks get sorted tends to lead to less hair-pulling on my end. When I haven't been familiarizing myself with the new Trainz, I've been putting together a brand new DEM for the Thayer South Sub. Unlike the first DEM that was kindly provided to me by now-inactive user backyard, the one I've put together fully includes the industrial lead east of Jonesboro. To ensure correct alignment of tracks and correct placement of objects near them, I have utilized UTM Tiles featuring orthoimagery from MS Bing. It is with great confidence that I say this iteration of the project is going to be the Thayer South Sub as it should be!

Work is progressing flawlessly at as brisk of a pace that my life schedule will allow. Hopefully I will have something to share with you guys sooner rather than later. Stay tuned for future updates!

Back