Mission: Impossible or should I say, Mission: Impossible to Complete Schiphol!!!

mikey186

More TO Explore
That's what I thought as well, do you remember that on my last Post, I should u the first shots of the Schiphol station?

well, It was a FAIL. All i missing was a DARK cieling spline, and was not found anywhere (not even the DLS)! All I can get close to find the 6-Platform undergound Station is the one from acelajade (just tempory until I can plan on making it via/Sketchup)

mikey186201203310000.jpg

mikey186201203310001.jpg

Problem is that (rumors heard that you can convert MSTS shape to 3DS file w/permission.) I found an old route and objects that no one uses, and tried to convert it, but nothing worked because it says "Error: Unable to convert to Unicode", and I do not know what it means.

Hopefully anything that is close to this, just let me know in the comments below.

Hmm, the error probably means the old MSTS file is written in plain ascii. This means, to say it simple, that it's build up using 8bits of space for each symbol or character. Unicode is a more recent devellopment where, because of making files capable to contain different languages and character sets, like arabic, chinese, the position for one symbol or character is represented by 16bits space. Obviously the conversion program you try to use chokes on non Unicode files.
I think you should try to find a low level converter from plain ascii to Unicode first to use on that file and see if that helps.

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

Jananton;bt626 said:
Hmm, the error probably means the old MSTS file is written in plain ascii. This means, to say it simple, that it's build up using 8bits of space for each symbol or character. Unicode is a more recent devellopment where, because of making files capable to contain different languages and character sets, like arabic, chinese, the position for one symbol or character is represented by 16bits space. Obviously the conversion program you try to use chokes on non Unicode files.
I think you should try to find a low level converter from plain ascii to Unicode first to use on that file and see if that helps.

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan
and how am i supposed to convert to unicode? I can't expect to open it in notepad and save it as the same file in Unicode version? Or there's a 3rd party that can do that?

Maybe you can use notepad. In win 7 at least in the save dialog there's a setting that lets you choose between ANSI (plain ascii), Unicode, Unicode big endian and UTF-8. I would try the two unicode flavours first and if that doesn't work do a search with google for something like "ascii to unicode converter" + freeware.

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Back