apparent content defect notice: AUTOMOBILE boxcar by jacksonbarno

JonMyrlennBailey

50ft NYC boxcar w/end doors,<kuid:376853:100591>

50ft 40ton automobile box car eith end doors. Builder, Pressed Steel Car Co. for GTW 1941. This car has seaeon snow, Numberit, and CMTM.

This car has wobbling wheels. The wheels are off-center like camshaft lobes.

The wheels don't roll smoothly but bounce like dribbling basketballs on the rails.

This occurs in my edition of TS12 (please see signature for build). Don't know about other Trainz editions.

The description also has typo errors.

The road number looks like it was painted over another number but that might be intentional.

NOTE: I have no way of contacting the author so he may not be aware of this.
I don't know the author's contact info. If the author intentionally designed the
content to behave in a manner described here, then I have nothing personal
against the author.

PS - These automobile boxcars make great static cars on a siding for scenery only and I have used them for this purpose. The cam-lobe wheels make them comical when moving, however.​

I think that's a repaint of my GTW car with a deferent bogey, GTW had Nathen type. Just replace bogey and it should work fine.

whitepass;bt5451 said:
I think that's a repaint of my GTW car with a deferent bogey, GTW had Nathen type. Just replace bogey and it should work fine.

Is this you, jacksonbarno?

I guess I could try my hand at replacing the trucks on the boxcar but I never tried anything that geeky before.

Thanks for response.

Otherwise, the dark-brown NYC AUTOMOBILE cars looks sweet sitting on a siding of my layout.

April 1, 2018

Follow-up: the Auran freight bogey on the CN grain hopper looks great on the automobile car, it was a simple clone and transplant: no more wobble, but when observed closely, the wheels tend to spin too fast for the actual track speed, out of sync, wheels looks like spinning tape reels on old-fashioned computers: but not noticeable farther away

Last edited:
Back