zsuda

SKILLBUILDING: missings, modified, faulties, obsoletes, not actives...

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by zsuda View Post
updated this post:
with images of the excelsheet of my "database" as so far ... you find a pdf here ... and for a .xlsx (office 365): pm me ...

advice forummember (?): ... while new to error fixing: set up an 'editing2unchanged' folder in your \UserData or \UserData\editing folder and routinely copy assets there before attempting any changes ...

==original post==

my english became an update:
i spend hours, days & nights, weeks & months with reading a lot of threads in this neighbourhood...
from early beginning, 15 years ago, i'm a member, but not active due to my job: international truckdriver in whole europe...
since a year ago i started to explore this fine forum... because of TANE there was more interactivity by me...
so i'm, despite my long trainzhistory, a newbee or nittwitt or.... an absolute obsolete beginner.......
i found new neighbo(u)rs who showed me their talents and skills
i became greedy and downloaded a lot from DLS or otherwise.. explored and tried everything...
till i met philskene with the most fitting surroundings and style and advises...
since then i became more selective: most of his work stayed and almost the rest i deleted.

so ... after a lot of installing, changing and deleting, searching missing dependencies and solutions for faulties and obsoletes, i had a lot of red lines in my CM (= contentmanager)...
i want to share my experiences and find answers for the remaining issues by exploring advises, solutions, tutorials, tips & trucs..

== modified ==
i discovered that red modifies in payware could turn back in black by simply "reverting to original".. i think they were modified by installing other versions of other creators than the original author and while it is payware there should be originals present...
what if there is no result with reverting to original?

== faulty ==
shortly ago i found (thanks to this forum) Shane Turner's site with the PEVtools...
i didn't had the time (yet) to explore those software and his tutorials, but surely i'll find any solutions there..

== obsolete ==
i absolute don't know what to do with obsoletes...
should i examine like faulties and change them with PEVtools in other versions?
in that case: do i have to change dependencies-list in config.txt afterwards?
do i have to delete them? or just ignore?

== not active ==
i found a thread of 2015: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...e-(not-active)...
it didn't give me an answer, because my internet status said: mytrainz login succeeded, username and password are correct...
and why only those few kuids?
so, how can i activate those items? ... solved suddenly automaticly .....

i want to thank the community for all those talented gifts, skillsharings, beautiful inspirations, lightning advises...
and a lot of other returning names i met on this neighbourhood..... i have to make a log or something... when i find something interesting and want to look back, i forgot where it was... sometimes even after 5 minutes..... something with age.... i think...

i'll find you somewhere... in some thread...

== wishlist ==
- trainzing my real modeltrack (ikea-ivar stand) multi-heights.. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?109038-Model-Railroadz&p=1637110#post1637110
- reskinning trucks & trailers with colours of logisticscompany i worked 25 years "stevado" did that for me ... thnx a lot ...
- shaping the loc on the photo with my dad as stationmaster in indonesia (sukabumi) ...............................

== must-do ==
- database/logbook with all tips & trucs and advises.... i did in/for this thread

have a nice trainzday
daveric
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments