WIP: FDL:NE, Fond Du Lac for T:ANE

RHKluckhohn

6 January 2018

Today downloaded :12 from the DLS along with Morning Connection. Immediately got the red bug; the b___dy XING 1 US popped up again! I missed the one on the easternmost crossing on the SOO. Also found a whole mess of missing assets that were UltraTreez. Thought I'd got them all, but nooooo. In addition, the subterranean track on the SOO led me to realize that there was an issue with the SOO's freeway bridge.

• Once again it proved impossible to remove the XING by normal means in T:ANE, so back to 12. Replaced it with a known good crossing.
  • The sunken track turns out to be a holdover issue I hadn't spotted when porting FDL from 09 to 12. There was regular track laid across the bridge, so all the trains ran fine and from a distance you couldn't tell. So that's been corrected and a proper bridge abutment installed at the east end. Happily this Bridge Steel 1T <kuid:-25:277> is available for T:ANE.

And so, as time permits, on to replacing the UltraTreez and others that make red wireframe boxes.
-- 30 --

7 January 2018

OK, the trees etc. have been worked out. Found a stray chunk of Platform Wood Low in use as a back porch in Iron Ridge and replaced it; there was another piece or more I never found so with everything else looking right I used "Delete Missing Assets" and it's gone. We'll fill the gap with something else if we ever spot it.

The route still comes up with missing dependencies; as far as I can tell they are all train vehicles in the portal consists. So the next step is to go through those and replace the defectives and goners with current equipment. First, though, gonna try to make Quick Portal Manager do what I want and if that works, will just delete the existing portal consists and use the QPM instead.

A lot of that issue revolves around a large array of LO hoppers based on the Auran 54ft Covered Hopper -10:199, which is faulty. To my sorrow the MILW SD40-2 from Auran is also among the casualties. Hope TUME's works out in its place.

-- 30 --

Last edited:
Back