FDL12 :12 RELEASED with Updated Sessionz

RHKluckhohn

Fond Du Lac Branch :12 is on the DLC.

Operating Changes:

• Signalling in Downtown Fond Du Lac has been revised and simplified and signals are more indicative.
  • The Mercury Marine siding has been extended 5 meters for more room at the sand dump. Operating sessions affected have been updated.
  • The Brenner Tank siding S-curve is removed and the junction moved south about 5 meters.
  • Iron Ridge (House) Track 3 East has an invisible speed sign for road speed as you enter the main.

Other changes are detailed on the Fond Du Lac Branch blog. Some major ones:

• Addition of two baseboards to eliminate the visible baseboard edge at the north end of Limestone Ridge, one ditto the south end of the garbage landfill across from that and two north of South Byron at the S-curve crossing to extend the world a bit.
  • Work on road crossings, trees and vegetation and platforms to improve T:ANE compatibility.

T:ANE Compatibility:
I've actually downloaded :11 into T:ANE and done a test drive. There may be other issues, but :12 will be much cleaner for T:ANE users. The UltraTreez have been replaced with good-looking billboard trees, mostly Clam's. The missing XING 1 US crossings have been eliminated and replaced either with assets common to 12 and T:ANE or with ATLS.
In a couple of places the rails got buried in the move to T:ANE. Track height and grade are not affected, so just use the terrain leveling button in the track tab and it all comes right.
If you run across any other issues please let me know.​

The ghostly tree splines are still there but they look a bit better in T:ANE than in 12. There are so many, I hate to try replacing them with individual trees, both for the work involved and for the additional processing burden. The issue of the Atilacrossing settings going away when you save a session remains. Sorry.

That aside, I haven't actually run one of my sessions in T:ANE but driving it with a Hi-Railer, it all runs much smoother in SP2HF1 than it does in 12.

-- oOo --

Back