Running in T:ANE

RHKluckhohn

A couple of you have mentioned running FDL in T:ANE successfully. Today I finally got around to downloading FDL12:11 from the DLC to have the experience and see what the route looks like in Build 90945. Downloaded a Hi-Railer for something new to inspect the route with.

Overall I'm very pleased. I think it looks better than in 12. The ghost trees are not so prominently ghostly although still not really satisfactory. T:ANE runs very smoothly, without the occasional pauses as the graphics catch up that one sees in 12. I found the frame rates to be comparable. My old video card is an nVidea GT 640 so I started with a minimum load on the sliders, but it went so well I kicked it up to max and saw no discernible difference. Very nice!

On download, CM reported a variety of issues but only two errors. Two assets were reportedly "not found on the DLS." Those were JVC's grass/shrub group #10 and Auran's XING 1 US, which I determined by looking in 12 for the KUIDs. But going back to T:ANE, the CM shows both as downloaded from the DLS and installed. Rebuilding the database did nothing apparent and the error is still shown. I'll wait a couple of runs and see if it straightens itself out.

The Knowles platform does not show properly. It's a CGM Hidden Platform 50m. The tracks, people and a labelled baseplate are all there but the folks are walking on air. Haven't yet looked to see if there's a more current version.

In a couple of places the rails have sunk below ground level by a few inches. I'll review the route in 12 and see if there are spline points in those areas. I noticed my T:ANE settings have "Fixed Spline Vertex" turned OFF. Wonder if that's involved.

Those being the only issues I could see on a simple run, I am pretty happy.
;)

[Like the speeders, the Hi-Railer is easier driven with simple controls. It's really nice.]

-- 30 --

30 November 2017

Well, duh, it wasn't the CGM Hidden Platform missing, it was the wooden platform spline overlying it. The spline is reported faulty and unloadable in CM so I've replaced it in :12 with two iterations of the - solid? fixed? non-spline, anyway - version, which is a T:ANE built-in. Looks OK.

Replaced the XING 1 US paved crossing at the Nasbro Road with a wooden one, but am going to try a couple of the dodges found in the Forums before trying to find a viable replacement for the four or five others that remain.

Still no idea why the two stretches of track a buried. No spline points in them, the vertex elevations are the same as in 12, as are the grades. I'd say just go into Surveyor and use terrain leveling on them if you don't like them (I don't.)

----

Last edited:
4 December 2017

Yeah, using the terrain leveler worked fine. Looks good.

Should have read the forums better - spent today replacing the afflicted crossings with alternatives. Bluchh.

:B~(

Back