FDL12 :12 WIP

RHKluckhohn

Earlier I mentioned being at the point where each fix broke something else. Been going back and cleaning some of those up, notably:
  • Diverging home signals at West Jones, East Knowles and East Brownsville now indicate correctly (installed invisible signals where needed);
  • Removed extraneous bits of left-over pavement from SR67 project;
  • Found and corrected an anomaly at the new S Hickory St atilacrossing; for some reason the invisible train was derailing repeatedly, generating eight messages each time a train passed through. That caused jerky video display yet the crossing continued to function correctly. The invisible track loop was closed per the instructions. Corrected by breaking the closed loop, disconnecting it at one end of the crossing,

along with various cosmetic updates and tweaks of no operational impact.

Have yet to notice any crossing traffic at the Limestone Country Road.

The Thursday sessions are complete and will be uploaded in the coming week. Following that a couple of Friday sessions will close out the weekly cycle and I can go think about something else, like migrating to T:ANE now that IT'S obsolescent!

-- 30 --

25 Sept '17

Replaced the signal at the east entrance to Downtown to correct the indication for through and diverging route.

Added a wash rack at GoldenCow Dairy for the milk trucks -- need to find a proper catwalk for it.

[10-10-17 Found it!]

Testing the Thursday session 4 AM Yard Job, found the message rules totally inadequate so rebuilt the logic. It seems to cover all the moves I've tested. No doubt there's an alternative I haven't thought of....

---

Last edited:
5 Oct 2017

Spent around nine hours over the past three days putting in a baseboard and finishing the south end of the Dodge County Landfill.

-- 30 --

8 October 2017

Building out the east edge of the world around MP 152, two new baseboards. Have the contour lines in and starting to terraform them.

That led to relaying County Road F with YARN along with adjacent sections of Hickory Road. Replaced the 90 degree BNSF crossing with an ATLS installation using BNSF's stand-alone lights.

Past few days I've done some tree replacements, changing out some of the more obvious ghost trees. Unfortunately my favorite tree splines are not yet available in current form so they're still ghostly.

---

23 Oct 2017

That took longer than expected, but completed the new baseboards 22 October. A pretty scene, if I do say. Also found some new splines to improve the appearance of the Christmas tree farms, which also cut down the number of splines in use. Reoriented the idle wind turbines to face into the wind prototypically.

A new issue has arisen with the atilacrossings: they don't save with the session and are inoperative when reloaded. This was pointed out by KenRuof and I've confirmed it. My guess is the settings are not saved. So I've got a motive to learn TrainzScript. I should live so long.

---

Last edited:
27 October 2017

After long agonizing over the effort involved, today attacked the "Mount Goobong" effect at the north (timetable west) end of Limestone Ridge. Yanked two sections of backdrops, added two baseboards and have started laying out the contour lines. Completed the 960 to 1050 lines today, they being the more complex. Onward and upward!

---

29 October 2017

Contour lines complete; starting to terraform. There's got to be some minor adjustment along the old world edge but nothing drastic. Might not even be needed as far as view from the cab is concerned, but gotta uphold that old perfectionism...

---

4 November 2017

Terraforming complete. Looks much better than the original kludge. Trees, hedges and cropland next, and perhaps a farm building or two. Replacing ghost trees here and there as we go.

---

7 November 2017

Completed the two new baseboards yesterday. Looks far better than before. Spent today replacing trees, trees, trees, trees. A little way to go yet. Hope the cottonwood and Northern Hardwood Forest splines get updated.

Should have mentioned earlier, the default region has been replaced with HP-Trainz Region Marias Pass and we are free of the 'roo crushers. Got stepvans and motor homes running around with North American cars and all! Thank you, Lothar!

---

Last edited:
15 November 2017

This past week, extended the Mercury Marine spur 5 meters to accommodate bigger hoppers at the dump. That required modifying the Wednesday and Thursday sessions to put the hopper back where it belongs.

Re-laid 4th Street in Mayville in YARN.

Today added ATLS Correctors at 4th St (above) and Horicon Street crossings. We'll see if that helps shut them down after switching moves. Long range plan: Atilize these crossings once the save-with-session issue is addressed.

Need to revise the Eastbound signalling downtown FDL. [11/16/17..Done. Removed the superfluous signal EB at 1st Street.]

Now engaged in running the sessions through to see what issues turn up. Might be ready to upload before Christmas.

---

Last edited:
4 December 2017

Ya think? We'll see.

Modifications since downloading :11 to T:ANE (see above):

• Wooden platform splines at FDL, Knowles and Mayville replaced with items available in T:ANE
  • Crossings using XING 1 US rebuilt mostly as ATLS and native roadway; a couple with available alternatives
  • Westbound signal at East Iron Ridge replaced for better indication
  • Brenner Tank siding S-curve eliminated

Still have to hunt down and replace a bunch of M: UltraTreez.

---

5 December 2017

Well, that's done. Replaced the M:s with some similar billboard assets, and a grass/shrub group with a better looking one that should carry over.

I'm calling this ready to upload but want to whip one one last session to go with it.

---

15 December 2017

Recalled one minor mod I wanted to make, then realized I had a stretch of platform wooden low still on the route. Replaced it.

:12 should be ready for T:ANE at this point. l intend to upload it and the modified sessions Sunday (here).

---

Back