FOND DU LAC :10 WIP

RHKluckhohn

When I started the Fond du Lac Branch in 2009 I was sure I'd avoid having a stack of revisions if I was just careful. Figured it would be "finished" by version 4. Oh, well. Still, less than 2 a year on the average.

Currently going through the sessions checking for issues with other folks' updated assets and spotting stuff I've done that doesn't measure up to my current standards (in other words, creeping perfectionism.) Somewhere between Tuesday p.m. and Wednesday, the FDDM&S box at Land o' Lakes dock jumped to the Mercury truck road. Say what?! Put it back where it belonged. In Saturday PM Yard Job the CGW boxcar number didn't match the switchlist; changed the car number on the car.

The Mercury Marine truck loop crossing introduced in 8/9 turned out to have issues with switching moves at Brenner and Casting. Spent today sorting that out, I think successfully. For one thing, boat's ASB Crossing Controller functions fine without one set of signals, so there is no longer a ghost indication in the cab when approaching the truck crossing and all the signal aspects are unaffected.

I'm considering reinstalling an atilacrossing on West Forest St (at the yard), the right way, and see if it works the way we want.

Back