I'M BACK!

Shadow-D

After a rather long break from Trainz, I'm back with a new outlook and plan. I'm still planning to build the Vermont & Hudson Railroad but this time it should be a little easier. I'm still running Trainz 12 but am looking really hard at the T;ANE SP1 and model Railroader 2017 package but I'm also wondering if I should hold out for SP2. As it stands, I need to upgrade my hard drive but that's another story...

I left Trainz mainly because I lost interest do to not being able to figure out how to build a Route using topo maps. Now that I found "Basemapz" (Thanks to @Approach_Medium ) I now have the best starting point to date.. Joe did a great video showing and explaining how it use it. With the knowledge I learned, I should have no trouble building the route in model railroad form to start with. Another item of discouragement was the reskin process on a lot of engines and rolling stock. Some were very easy to reskin and they came out looking great for my needs but others... Lets just say they were not user friendly even with "undercoated" or with kits designed for a particular piece of equipment.
I suspect that the reskinning process will be farmed out unless I can find someone who breaks down the process in a how to video...

I guess this is good for now... I hope to see many of you in the coming weeks or month...

Back