Oh the Stupidity of it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIb228

Multiplayer Guru
So there is a post on the forums, I wont say which one, where a user use's "Hell," "Crap" and the three letter word for Butt that starts with an "A." It was posted over 24 hours ago and not once has a moderator changed any thing. But 5 minutes after I used the word "Idiot" I get a mod jumping me for "Swearing and insulting other members."

1. I called someone an idiot because it was the truth. They where acting like one, so I called them out on it.
2. What the Hell*?

Like for real I think this community is going downhill for a LARGE number of reasons. But I'll rant on that at a latter time.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

I have to agree that curse words should not be used on this particular website for we have members who are less than 18 years of age. Although, personally I think no age group should cuss. Also, I've seen that particular scenario before. I once called someone in my home-economics class a idiotic buffoon for tearing up my stuff, cussing me out, and threating to cause me serious harm, yet I'm threatened with expulsion from school because I called him "something offensive." What's worse is at the time I was a senior in high school, and the "idiotic buffoon" was a freshman! It's happening all over the world. You have to be careful what you say and to whom, for it may end your life as you know it. Sometimes quite literally.

So you spotted something that is (at least according to you; I can't judge as I have no clue which post it is) against the CoC but you did not report the post (as I did not receive any of your hand) and you still assume a moderator has seen it?

In my work there is a proverb that goes like this: "Assumptions will kill you". Now I work in IT, so I am sure that won't happen very fast but still: Don't assume something is seen by others; act (in this case report it) instead.

Btw,
You got a warning (apparently). As I have no clue which topic it is or who the other person(s?) are, I can't see if others got anything.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that the teacher and principal refused to even mention what the "idiotic buffoon" was doing to me in a parent-teacher conference. Which has happened to me on several occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back