Big Bertha Build - 1st View

pcas1986

Here is Big Bertha in the early stages. This picture shows the boiler, firebox, the footplate and half a cab.

BB_Boiler_Main1.jpg

Why half a cab? Well, the cab shell and the outside bits tend to be symmetrical so you just build one half and mirror it on the x axis to get the following:

cab1.jpg

Neat! All the tricky stuff like the handrails, the beading around the cab side window and the deflectors (I think that what they are) on the roof get replicated so you don't need to do them twice.

Currently BB is still a scenery object and I have just assigned a notex material so I can see it. The pictures are from PEV's image viewer in AssetX.

Paul

jaxonjared;bt424 said:
Cappy will love this!:D
Indeed I do!

:udrool: I can't wait! Let's see how many Matchbox items I can make for Trainz before this is done. :hehe:
:mop:
^Clean up in Aisle 1!

I'm just so excited! Can you tell? Probably not...

jaxonjared;bt424 said:
Cappy will love this!:D how is the A2 going?

Nowhere, at the moment but a very generous Trainzer has provided some good drawings and some pictures.

Its the detail and the animation that takes the time and the texturing of course. However, this time around I plan to avoid the rework I did for my other loco. The cab in particular gave me grief which is why I was so pleased with this one. Except for the window glass, which is easy, the cab exterior mesh is about complete. Not sure how much detail I will put into the exterior view of the cab interior. That will have to wait until I have done the interior view.

Paul

Back