• How to purchase and download products in SimulatorCentral.com

The purchasing of products through SimulatorCentral.com and finding your product files to download in your SimulatorCentral.com account has been broken into very simple steps below.

Step 1 – Search for the product you are after and either press the “View Product” button or the “Add to Cart” icon.

Step 2 – If you clicked the “View Product” button you will be taken to the Product page where you will find the “Add to Cart” button on the right hand side.

Step 3 – Once you click the “Add to Cart” button you will notice a processing bar in the middle. Your item is being added to the cart.

Step 4 – Now that your item has been added to the cart, the popup will ask if you want to “View Cart” or continue to “Checkout”.

Step 4.1(alternate cart options) – You can hover over the “My Cart” menu link at the top to see what items you have put in your cart for purchasing. From here you will find the “View Cart” and “Checkout” buttons also.

Step 5 – Once you click “Checkout” you will be asked to login with your previously registered details (this can also be an existing Planet Auran account), enter your username and password and click “Login”, or if you don’t have an account you can quickly create one in a few simple steps that take seconds by clicking “Register”.

Step 6NEW ACCOUNT Creation – To create an account, enter your First Name, Last Name, Valid Email Address (this is where order confirmations, serial numbers and other important information will be sent. You can also use this to login to your account), username (you can use this to login to your account also) and lastly, enter a password that you will remember for your account and click “Submit”.

Step 7NEW ACCOUNT Creation – The next step is to enter your address details. These are important if you are purchasing physical product so we know where to ship the products to.

Step 8 – If you already have an account, in the “Billing Information” section, you will want to select an existing address you have entered previously or click “New Address” to create a new one.

Step 9 – Next you have the option of paying for your products by “Credit Card” or “PayPal“. If you choose to pay by PayPal you will be redirected to the PayPal site where payment will be processed. Once PayPal processes the payment you will return to SimulatorCentral.com to receive further details on the product you have purchased.

Step 10 – Review your order and be sure to click the “Accept Terms & Conditions” check box before you click the big blue “Place Order” button.

Step 11 – Your order will start to be processed. This is indicated by the “Submitting order information …” popup that shows down the bottom in place of the "Place Order" button. IMPORTANT – this popup may disappear but it is important that you do not go to any other pages or close the current page as your order is still being processed. Once processed you will be taken to a confirmation page.

Step 12 – Once your order is completed you will be taken to the confirmation page where it will tell you “Your order has been received” and if you have serial numbers for the product(s) you have purchased, a message will be shown that the serial numbers have been emailed to you. If your product is a digital download product, you will find the “Go to My Downloadable Products” link on this page. Click that link and you will be taken to the product files to download.

Step 13 – Once you are in the “My Downloadable Products” section of “My Account” you will find all the download files listed in the middle of the page next to the order number and title of the product you have just purchased. Be sure to click each file for downloading if there are multiple entries like you see in the screenshot below for Trainz Simulator 12. To get to this page in the future, click the "My Account" main menu link at the top of the page when you log in to SimulatorCentral.com

Step 14 - If you need to find your serial number in addition to it getting emailed to you, you can find it under the "My Orders" section of your SimulatorCentral.com account.

Step 15 – Go and have some fun with your new products!
    Comments 33 Comments
      Euphod -
      Nice guide, thanks for taking the time!
      shaneturner12 -
      Indeed - only thing that does concern me is not to do with the guide, but to do with the maximum number of downloads. 10 may be a bit low when there's a good chance of file corruption depending on download method, and the links are not download manager friendly.
      cbuchh48 -
      Thanks for the guide. I purchased Trainz 2010 this morning and downloaded the files. Setup keeps asking for "disk 1" which of coarse I don't have. There is also a file called "TrainzSimulator 2010 setup.part1" which says I don't have a program to open. I'm dead in the water and apparently the support isn't working.
      shaneturner12 -
      Cbuchh48 - you need to download all the files into the same folder that are given on the download page before running the setup file.
      cbuchh48 -
      Thanks for the response. I have done that.
      shaneturner12 -
      Does it install OK after doing that?
      cbuchh48 -
      No, I d/loaded all files to the same folder to begin with.
      The first file of 3 seems to be the problem. It's called " TrainzSimulator 2010 Setup.part1 [1]. I get the message "windows can't open this file".

Thanks
      shaneturner12 -
      Did you make sure you downloaded all the linked files? There may be up to 5 of them, which should include a .exe file.

Shane
      cbuchh48 -
      There are 3 files to download: TrainzSimulator2010Setup.part1 [1],
      Trainzsimulator2010 setup.part2.rar
      Trainzsimulator2010 setup.part3.rar

Like I said before, the first one I think is the problem, it's not a "rar" file. I'll try d/loading it again and see.

Thanks again,

Chuck
      shaneturner12 -
      Failing that add .exe at the end of that first file
      cbuchh48 -
      That worked. I dropped the [1] and added .exe and worked like it should.

While Ive got your attention, I already had Trainz 12 and didn't like the performance on my system. I saw on the forums where I might be better with Trainz 10 so thought I'd give it a try. Will I be better off removing 12 and if not should I install 10 as a stand alone?

Thanks again for the help! It's nice to see good support.

Chuck
      shaneturner12 -
      Its best to install TS2010 standalone.

Shane
      jgc98951 -
      Thanks for the guide. I purchased Trainz 2012 last night and downloaded the files. All my files come up as TS12_Setup.Part1 Part2 Etc. Says I don't have a program to open them. I've contacted support and get a message that support isn't working right now please try again later. I get the same file type with the addon packs that I bought with my digital order and still can't open anything. This is driving me crazy. Should've bought the Boxed edition perhaps.

Read the post above to change .part1 to .exe and that worked however now I am having issues with installation. it says next volume required TS13_setup.rar I don't have TS13 I bought TS12 how do I fix that error?
      clam1952 -
      Add the .exe extension to the part1 file then try running it, seems this worked for a couple of others, It looks like something, maybe a browser or security program is stripping the file extension of executable files for some, others are not affected, definitely an odd one, what did you use to download them with?
      tangiecooke -
      Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
      Add the .exe extension to the part1 file then try running it, seems this worked for a couple of others, It looks like something, maybe a browser or security program is stripping the file extension of executable files for some, others are not affected, definitely an odd one, what did you use to download them with?
      I purchased Trainz Simulator 2012 yesterday. I have fought with this all last night and today. I'm very frustrated. It's telling me the same thing as the person above. I don't know if my brain is just too tired to think, but how do you change the end of the extension? My TS12 files are in my download folder. I even bought Winzip to try and open this game ($30). Please help or send me a link that works!!
      tangiecooke -
      I figured it out!! Yay!!
      Tony_Hilliam -
      Tangiecooke - it's great to hear of your success. Can you tell us what you did to solve the problem as this may help other people with their issues.

It is possible that a download manager program may edit or change the file names. I would suggest going to the My Downloadable Products page, clicking on the links and re-downloading using your browser to manage the download.

Also, could people having problems with missing extensions pleas let us know how you downloaded the files - were you using your browser or a d/l manager/accelerator?

Thanks
      shaneturner12 -
      Hi Tony,

I've got a blog entry that can be linked to that may help out the affected users. It's due to users using IE to download the files - it's the latest blog entry in my Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks blog.

Shane
      leswell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
      Tangiecooke - it's great to hear of your success. Can you tell us what you did to solve the problem as this may help other people with their issues.

It is possible that a download manager program may edit or change the file names. I would suggest going to the My Downloadable Products page, clicking on the links and re-downloading using your browser to manage the download.

Also, could people having problems with missing extensions pleas let us know how you downloaded the files - were you using your browser or a d/l manager/accelerator?

Thanks
      I just recently downloaded TS12 and the Settle Carlise route using the links on the Email you sent and Internet Explorer using the 'save as' option. (This was before I knew the links could also be found under my account on your web site) For TS 12 I only managed to get two files, all the other links told me I already had the file and 'did I wish to override?'. To solve this I created five folders and downloaded each link into one of the folders. This worked and once done I moved them all into the same folder. After a lot of ' faffing about' I renamed part one with the .exe extension and it was thereafter plain sailing. (I have saved these files into my
      archive folder along with all the other computer software I have - always keep copies off machine somewhere)

The Settle&C file also came without the .exe extension and that installed correctly once renamed.

Diverging off into a branch:

I used the import content command to import all my routes from TC3 local. Most seem to work OK but all my lovely trees have been replaced by some ugly bare looking trees called 'sugar maple' which I am changing back to English oaks, elms and so on (using the change assett command). There are also many erroneous files showing up in the Content manager which I am working through.

So I have plenty to do :-)

Les
      simking1 -
      I never did get the email with the serial number.