• Comparison shots TANE vs TRS2019

While we're still months away from official release, we're getting much closer to completing the core engine updates. We're now fine tuning the new shaders, materials, post-processing and lighting parameters and here is just a taste of what is to come...

TANE - 10a.m.

TRS2019 - 10a.m.

For more screenshots and a fullscreen comparison slider please visit our blog post here.
    Comments 33 Comments
      Vern -
      I like the first screenshot comparison, for me the too saturated look encapsulated in the first picture sums up what has always made Trainz look not-quite-real (being diplomatic!). The lower picture is a definite step in the right direction.

However I support the comments made earlier and I myself have echoed - take it as a "wishlist" and rebut if you want, but alongside the graphical improvements we must start to see some procedural and simulation element improvements. The former items such as how tunnels are created, the latter physics and modernizing sounds and introducing elements like proper despatcher/timetabling etc. Fully accept we are not getting these in TRS2019 and I got stamped on hard when I brought the topic up last time. But Trainz is approaching pole position to be the market leader in the genre, as DTG stagnate and MSTS fades away other than a few hardy souls propping up Open Rails.
      JAGG -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
      I can't do a comparison, and I might get into some trouble for releasing a non-approved screenshot, but here goes anyway...

Please note that point lights other, than headlights, are still on our to-do list. For the non-technical that means that we still have to fake the appearance of light elsewhere.
      I see no sign of light beam, how will be the support of displaying light beams, lightened areas under lamps or on signals sunshields etc., which are currently substituted by special meshes using alpha? TANE in difference from previous TRS releases (which displayed it nicely) displays such meshes tragically making almost any night shot with lights ugly so what will be the progress on that in future SP(s) of TANE or even TRS2019?
      MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS -
      Quote Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
      I see no sign of light beam, how will be the support of displaying light beams, lightened areas under lamps or on signals sunshields etc., which are currently substituted by special meshes using alpha? TANE in difference from previous TRS releases (which displayed it nicely) displays such meshes tragically making almost any night shot with lights ugly so what will be the progress on that in future SP(s) of TANE or even TRS2019?
      Well I think they want to make ambient light for buildings, lamps, etc. I think it is a great step for them compared to just a texture.
      dundun92 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bolea View Post
      I see that TRS 2009 changes some buildings from TANE, just like that football field. :P There is still some work to be done in lightning as you said, but looks pretty decent to me... Could you post a screenshot with no clouds and sun at 12:00pm Tony?
      Yep, and they added buildings under construction. That makes it look more mordern.
      Kyholm -
      So TRS2019 is one you need to buy? With T:ANE's Target? So I have literally wasted my moneys on T:ANE?
      yokohama1982 -
      I hope in a high-resolution images can also put the game under the condition of optimized better I worry when playing will be caton that will also very affect the mood of players to play the game thank you

我希望在有高清画面的情况下也同时 把游戏优化的更好点 我担心玩的时候会比较卡顿 这*也会非常影响玩家玩游戏的心情 谢谢
      BNSF650 -
      Better sounds in game and night lighting should be worked on.
      Approach_Medium -
      Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
      AND A BETTER COLLISION SYSTEM!( Not to the point where it gets graphic, but like train simulator 2018).
      I agree! At least where Trainz won't simply pass through each other. I would have liked to use TANE to simulate a real-life train wreck, so that I might be able to analyze the cause on my own, but I guess that level of physics would be extremely difficult to build into a sim like Trainz/TANE.
      cascaderailroad -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyholm View Post
      So TRS2019 is one you need to buy? With T:ANE's Target? So I have literally wasted my moneys on T:ANE?
      What else do you have to waste your money on ? Wine, women, song, and a night out at the movie theater, is ever so short, like a fleeting bird from the hand
      T:ANE looks like TS12 with total realism ... I am totally amazed !
      bolea -
      Quote Originally Posted by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS View Post
      Um it's TRS2019 buddy.
      Sorry brawh, I've got really fast fingers.
      Bonifatzy -
      And it's the only map with steam trains. And it's really poorly designed. And you can't go through it without breaking speed limits. So...
      mbbthomas1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Trainmaster189 View Post
      Looks impressive! It's like CGI movie quality, but not exactly like reality.
      Your right about that.
      ZecMurphy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonifatzy View Post
      And it's the only map with steam trains. And it's really poorly designed. And you can't go through it without breaking speed limits. So...
      Hi Bonifatzy
      The route was originally created in TS2009, and was a culmination of about 5 years of work. Unfortunately some of the objects were removed in TANE due to compatibility issues; and a lack of time meant that they could not be replaced - this has unfortunately resulted in a somewhat flatter looking route.

The track arrangements on the route are an accurate copy of the Healesville line in around 1913-1920 (at least as far as I had access to at the time; I've since found a few minor differences).

For the speed limits, some trains will have a maximum permitted speed limit (shown in the HUD) which may be below the track speed limit. In this case you must not exceed the 'max permitted speed' shown on the HUD, as well as not exceeding the track speed limit if the track speed is lower than the max permitted speed. Unfortunately it was not picked up before release that this had not been mentioned in the startup messages (these went through a lot of revisions to make them shorter).

However, the C&O Hinton Division route does also include steam locomotives in it (in particular the C&O Kanawha locomotive), and the Deluxe Edition's Warwick to Wallangarra route is also a steam locomotive focused route.

Unfortunately, due to time constraints it wasn't possible to update the entirety of each route to use the new features in TANE, although some assets may take better advantage of new graphics features.

Regards
  • Useful Links

• Recent General Trainz Posts

wreeder

Trouble joining Colorado71 website

Just to follow up, I successfully rejoined the site. I had been a member years ago but it no longer recognized my username. You get an email within minutes

wreeder Today, 04:38 AM Go to last post
    teddytoot

Need help with an asset

Forester1, what I'd like to know is how you have got Mike10's points to work in TANE as they relied on an anomaly in the early Trainz code which was fixed

teddytoot Today, 03:42 AM Go to last post
    JCitron

HELP NEW HERE

Welcome to the forums and to Trainz, Ronnie.

Once you've installed an interactive industry, you then direct your AI drivers in the driving

JCitron Yesterday, 09:20 PM Go to last post
    JCitron

Need help with an asset

These .texture files are actually the compiled texture + the description file into the internal format used by Trainz. These are compressed into the .tzarc

JCitron Yesterday, 09:16 PM Go to last post
    Forester1

Need help with an asset

Somewhere along the line they changed .texture files to texture.txt files referring to .tga or .bmp images. Right click asset in CM and choose Open in

Forester1 Yesterday, 06:59 PM Go to last post
    hiawathamr

HELP NEW HERE

These are on the DLS, and they load grain
    Silokomplex 1
    Silokomplex_2

Cheers

hiawathamr Yesterday, 06:54 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Screenshots Posts

whamm0

Show off your reskins!

It looks really well done. Since it's in color, perhaps the trees could be green? The mountains are in color and this makes the trees seem odd as just

whamm0 Today, 05:24 AM Go to last post
    thomas912

Australian screenshots

Very Nice Roy!

TK

thomas912 Today, 04:35 AM Go to last post
    rowletmaster

Japan

ok then where is the video about this -_-

rowletmaster Today, 04:32 AM Go to last post
    rowletmaster

Japan

ok where can i find it?

i cant find it on the download station
    is there a link to it?

rowletmaster Today, 04:22 AM Go to last post
    slenderman8888

Japan

When the eurobeat kicks in while playing trainz...

slenderman8888 Today, 04:19 AM Go to last post
    fant_autentico

Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Good morning, Blue.
    A problem that of losing so many things in a route.
    As always, I follow your work closely.

Sincerely,

fant_autentico Today, 02:47 AM Go to last post