.
  • Comparison shots TANE vs TRS2019

    While we're still months away from official release, we're getting much closer to completing the core engine updates. We're now fine tuning the new shaders, materials, post-processing and lighting parameters and here is just a taste of what is to come...


    TANE - 10a.m.


    TRS2019 - 10a.m.

    For more screenshots and a fullscreen comparison slider please visit our blog post here.
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. dundun92's Avatar
      dundun92 -
      You guys are getting better each year! I didnt think you guys would come up with something significantly better than T:ANE! I mean, the jump from ts2012 to TANE was huge. total renovation! In the first picture, you can see the plain, old, bland scenery. In the other one, you see major quality enhancements, better shaders and a new, mordern look. shadows look better. the grass looks much softer and has hight now. Is that what the route will look like when TRS19 is released? Will there be any new routes?
      Thanks,
      dundun92
    1. UP8328's Avatar
      UP8328 -
      Yes I can agree that the graphics are looking better, but it's not all about looks. Personally I would like to see some information at some point on night lighting, weather effects, and the sound engine...because the doppler effects in tane are a joke, sorry to say. If other simulators can get it down almost perfectly, I don't understand why these guys can too. Other than that small rant, as a content creator...I'm really looking forward to using pbr materials from now on. What a difference it makes in quality!

      Cheers,
      -Andrew R.
    1. JAGG's Avatar
      JAGG -
      Me too. Night lighting, alpha, ground shadows, sounds etc..
    1. oknotsen's Avatar
      oknotsen -
      Could you also show us a night time picture comparison?
    1. Tony_Hilliam's Avatar
      Tony_Hilliam -
      I can't do a comparison, and I might get into some trouble for releasing a non-approved screenshot, but here goes anyway...



      Please note that point lights other, than headlights, are still on our to-do list. For the non-technical that means that we still have to fake the appearance of light elsewhere.
    1. oknotsen's Avatar
      oknotsen -
      Thanks Tony!
    1. pdwood's Avatar
      pdwood -
      Good if you learn to spell:
      Comparion shots TANE vs TRS2019
    1. Tony_Hilliam's Avatar
      Tony_Hilliam -
      I spell rather well, actually - however my fingers are very poor at hitting the correct keys, and my editing/revision skills are sadly lacking
    1. Trainmaster189's Avatar
      Trainmaster189 -
      Looks impressive! It's like CGI movie quality, but not exactly like reality.
    1. dundun92's Avatar
      dundun92 -
      Quote Originally Posted by UP8328 View Post
      Yes I can agree that the graphics are looking better, but it's not all about looks. Personally I would like to see some information at some point on night lighting, weather effects, and the sound engine...because the doppler effects in tane are a joke, sorry to say. If other simulators can get it down almost perfectly, I don't understand why these guys can too. Other than that small rant, as a content creator...I'm really looking forward to using pbr materials from now on. What a difference it makes in quality!

      Cheers,
      -Andrew R.
      AND A BETTER COLLISION SYSTEM!( Not to the point where it gets graphic, but like train simulator 2018).
    1. Mich-666's Avatar
      Mich-666 -
      Have to say it's really big improvement in terms of details and shaders but the current palette... I dunno. Wish you guys could tweak things a bit.

      What I mean is the first picture is less detaily but still overly welcoming while the second one has bleak colors, like it's desaturated too much and little too cold - look at the sky for example and the grass color is also bit unreal. It would be okay for late autumn I guess but not for lush spring or summer. Take a comparison with real photos for example: https://imgur.com/a/Nu6xln5.

      And if you improved skybox (which is not very hardware-demanding feature in itself) it would show a lot as clouds are always making wonderful pictures (even greater when being reflected on water).

      But I have to say the night lighting is really awesome.
    1. dundun92's Avatar
      dundun92 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mich-666 View Post
      Have to say it's really big improvement in terms of details and shaders but the current palette... I dunno. Wish you guys could tweak things a bit.

      What I mean is the first picture is less detaily but still overly welcoming while the second one has bleak colors, like it's desaturated too much and little too cold - look at the sky for example and the grass color is also bit unreal. It would be okay for late autumn I guess but not for lush spring or summer. Take a comparison with real photos for example: https://imgur.com/a/Nu6xln5.

      And if you improved skybox (which is not very hardware-demanding feature in itself) it would show a lot as clouds are always making wonderful pictures (even greater when being reflected on water).

      But I have to say the night lighting is really awesome.
      Yeah, I Just noticed. The ground looks faded(Almost black and white). It looks more fake and dull... It still looks nice though...
    1. Mich-666's Avatar
      Mich-666 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
      Yeah, I Just noticed. The ground looks faded(Almost black and white). It looks more fake and dull... It still looks nice though...
      I agree, the details are great. Nothing good post-processing and color-correction couldn't manage (perhaps some saturation slider in-game?).
      I just boosted saturation and few colors a bit to make it more warm and voila: https://i.imgur.com/jon5g9p.jpg
      (now I realize it's still not quite there and that overly vivid colors could cause eyestrain for longer gameplay so it's only meant as an example as we all know some fine tuning is still taking place)
    1. dundun92's Avatar
      dundun92 -
      Vs
    1. hminky's Avatar
      hminky -
      N3V has never been very good at screenshots to sell their product.

      Sorry guys

      Harold
    1. amigacooke's Avatar
      amigacooke -
      Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
      N3V has never been very good at screenshots to sell their product.

      Sorry guys

      Harold
      Trying to get another interview, eh?
    1. hminky's Avatar
      hminky -
      Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
      Trying to get another interview, eh?
      Am amazed that I am remembered for my criticism.

      No one remembers when I was condemned for my enthusiasm in the dark early days of TANE.

      Was called a "cartoon character".

      Just call them as I see them.

      And I have much better screenshots of TRS2019 that they didn't publish in the interview.

      Harold
    1. MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS's Avatar
      MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS -
      I personally think the game looks amazing. I can't wait to get it!
    1. bolea's Avatar
      bolea -
      I see that TRS 2009 changes some buildings from TANE, just like that football field. :P There is still some work to be done in lightning as you said, but looks pretty decent to me... Could you post a screenshot with no clouds and sun at 12:00pm Tony?
    1. MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS's Avatar
      MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS -
      Quote Originally Posted by bolea View Post
      I see that TRS 2009 changes some buildings from TANE, just like that football field. :P There is still some work to be done in lightning as you said, but looks pretty decent to me... Could you post a screenshot with no clouds and sun at 12:00pm Tony?
      Um it's TRS2019 buddy.
  • Useful Links

  • Recent General Trainz Posts

    pware

    Simple Train Sim Survey

    Well "Train Spotters" are a totally different breed to "Plane Spotters". In my experience more fanatical and they tend to "count

    pware Today, 06:51 PM Go to last post
    clam1952

    My Created Route Content Is 'Not Loading'

    The thumbnail is usually from the first save, probably a blank board or a blank area if you haven't done much. You can create a new one by editing the

    clam1952 Today, 06:13 PM Go to last post
    67doz

    My Created Route Content Is 'Not Loading'

    Hi guy's, I have a route I am working on, tested it all works fine! The issue I am having is when I load the game and navigate to the 'Route' thumbnail

    67doz Today, 06:01 PM Go to last post
    p-dehnert

    Car Asset Clone Help

    Try adding the rotation line to the mesh-table. It should rotate the car 180 degrees around the z axis.

    Code:
    mesh-table
    {
       default
       {

    p-dehnert Today, 03:58 PM Go to last post
    harrychapman

    Car Asset Clone Help

    Hi everyone, me again and loving all your support. SailorDan helped me with adding more cars and how to clone and change the config.txt file for any car

    harrychapman Today, 02:39 PM Go to last post
    hiawathamr

    TrainzForge City/Cascades Bogeys

    That's because they aren't made for Trainz mobile, and according to your timeline, you only own the mobile versions

    hiawathamr Today, 02:30 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Screenshots Posts

    jacksonbarno

    USA Pics

    A LE&E local rolls past class S-2 Northern number 2248, idling with a westbound passenger train at Port Lexington. It's 1954, and by this time all

    jacksonbarno Today, 07:25 PM Go to last post
    borderreiver

    1960 Darlington - Up Summer Saturday Relief

    Northeast England during the steam era. Darlington station in the summer of 1960. 60526, A2 Class 4-6-2 Sugar Palm is at the head of a Summer Saturday

    borderreiver Today, 07:18 PM Go to last post
    Urman_Diesel

    Trainz videos

    Urman_Diesel Today, 03:00 PM Go to last post
    normhart

    USA Pics

    @Piere

    My version of Eagle River is not much changed from the stock version, I replaced the trees and added some TPTC scenery but that is

    normhart Today, 01:03 PM Go to last post
    UP5521

    USA Pics

    UP5521 Today, 12:58 PM Go to last post
    normhart

    USA Pics

    I completely missed all these comments

    On a completely different topic,



    SDIY working the industrial parks

    normhart Today, 12:12 PM Go to last post