• What hardware will you need for TRS2019?

TRS2019 Hardware Requirements

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 provides users with a large range of optional features to enhance the graphics. With each enhancement, of course comes some performance penalty.

Click the image to see the full version.

Just as your old black and white telly didn't magically start showing colour pictures in the 70s, and your phone didn't take photographs in the 90's, your 2012 computer isn't going to allow you to turn on all the bells and whistles in 2018.

Ok, technically you might hear some crossing bells and steam whistles but you won't actually see all the new graphical features ).

In the examples below, we've used UserBenchmark scores to indicate the level required for each performance setting. You can run your own hardware test here to find your UserBenchmark score and then compare this to the various options below.

In short, a score of 50% means that your system is capable of half the performance of a i7-7740X CPU matched with a GTX 1070 GPU. A UserBenchmark Score of 25% means your system is four times slower than the benchmark machine.

Read the full post here...
    Comments 63 Comments
      johnwhelan -
      Quote Originally Posted by WlaterWeber View Post
      Dell core I7 processor laptop Inspiron 18-7777
      16.o gb ram
      Nivida GeForce Experience 940MX Game Card
      Hard Drive 979 GB

Thank you for any help you can give.
      Realistically for both TS19 and TANE you need something like GTX 1060

https://benchmarks.ul.com/hardware/g...e+940MX+review for a comparison to your card. It's about 20% of the power of a GTX 1060.

Having said that try Middleton for laptops it should run and that will give you an idea of what sort of layout will run on your hardware.

Cheerio John
      johnwhelan -
      Quote Originally Posted by WlaterWeber View Post
      Dell core I7 processor laptop Inspiron 18-7777
      16.o gb ram
      Nivida GeForce Experience 940MX Game Card
      Hard Drive 979 GB

Thank you for any help you can give.
      https://www.jatws.org/johnw/middleton.zip contains most of the wagons etc.

Cheerio John
      andreivoiculet -
      My TS2019 works fine,with GTX 1060 3GB.