• Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 announced

Press Release

Brisbane, Australia – 11th May 2018

N3V Games today announced that the next version of their long running Trainz franchise will officially launch in Q4, 2018. Titled “Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019” this version will deliver more realism, more features and more content than ever before, with Early Access becoming available from July 2018.

To celebrate this announcement, N3V Games is offering the full “Trainz Simulator 2009 World Builder Edition” FREE to all subscribers to the Trainz Newsletter.

This massive giveaway offer will enable train fans from all around the world the opportunity to experience the world of Trainz with this unlimited, fully featured version.

To access the TS2009 Giveaway, simply visit ts2009.trainzportal.com/free and follow the prompts.

To keep in touch with every Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 announcement, visit trs2019.trainzportal.com/comingsoon

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 (TRS2019) will feature the Rocky Mountaineer, giving users the opportunity to experience one of the world's most scenic rail journeys without leaving their home.

TRS2019 will ship supporting multiple languages, and will be released via major digital online retailers Steam, Trainz Portal, and Mac App Store, as well as traditional physical retailers throughout the world.

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 builds upon the technology of Trainz A New Era and introduces new graphical capabilities with “Physically-Based Rendering” delivering more realistic lighting and texturing.

The N3V Games development team have also been working closely with over a thousand beta testers continuously updating the core “TANE” engine and game systems to ensure the game operates better than ever before. Much of this work involves ensuring backwards compatibility with the enormous custom content base that Trainz is famous for (with over 450,000 items and still counting) allowing users to import their existing content and immediately take advantage of the new graphical features.
    Comments 72 Comments
      wflint -
      Getting better all the time, however, there are a couple of features available in the other popular train sim that I feel Trainz users should also have.

1) Terrain - Will Trainz 2019 include a way to easily import SRTM terrain data from USGS (and others) .hgt files directly into Trainz maps?
      2) Google Earth Overlay - Will Trainz 2019 provide for entry of a Google Earth API key into the game for easy access to in-game Google Earth overlay directly onto route baseboards?

I feel that adding these two features would eliminate a lot of unnecessary complexity and absolutely make Trainz a one-stop simulator.
      djbill90 -
      Very well placed I also think it would be very good to have this feature in trainz 2019
      Gameoholic1994 -
      I hope they can do the following things in the new Trainz 2019.

1) Fix the derailment system, so that the trains can actually fall off the rails, like they did in older versions of Trains (12, 10, 09, etc.), which they couldn't do in T:ANE.
      2) Keep the Content Manager the same as it was in T:ANE. I liked it better in T:ANE than in Trainz 12, 10, etc. The T:ANE one was simpler and much easier to understand. The older ones seemed too complicated to understand.

If they can do that, that's good enough for me.
      Rettungsrentner -
      Hi Guys,
      One question last week I completed and sent an application for the Closed Beta TRS 2019. It was written that you should get within a day or two by e-mail a notification that I have not received until today?
      Did you forget this or over see?
      But it's not just me, I also know a lot of German users who are just like that.
      Can someone please give a response.

Best regards
      rescue pensioners
      (Karl-Heinz Kaehlert)
      djbill90 -
      I also did not receive it, I am subscribed and the message was 1 to 2 days
      Vern -
      I suspect native DEM and mapping data import comes under the heading of a "wish list" item. Certainly no indication they plan to change the current flat earth system in TRS2019. If Transdem can do it, working around the "flat earth" syndrome of Trainz, technically I can't see any reason why a bolt on or built in facility couldn't be incorporated at some point.
      Kyholm -
      Shouldn't we get T:ANE's Target finished before making another Trainz??
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ive-operate-sh

In case that N3V had forgotten it.
      Kyholm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gameoholic1994 View Post

1) Fix the derailment system, so that the trains can actually fall off the rails, like they did in older versions of Trains (12, 10, 09, etc.), which they couldn't do in T:ANE.
      2) Keep the Content Manager the same as it was in T:ANE. I liked it better in T:ANE than in Trainz 12, 10, etc. The T:ANE one was simpler and much easier to understand. The older ones seemed too complicated to understand.

Tanes Content Manager is awful, 12 10 09's was much better and it had Content Creator plus, which was way better than edit in Config and ruining the entire asset becasue of a missing ( or something like that.
      Kyholm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gameoholic1994 View Post

Tanes Content Manager is awful, 12 10 09's was much better and it had Content Creator plus, which was way better than edit in Config and ruining the entire asset because of a missing ( or something like that.
      gch -
      Just to pick up on Roy's Post, could we please look at colouring and, if possible, font sizing in "2019".

My eyesight is very sadly getting worse as Trainz has got better and I would love to talk to someone about some of the things you might be able to do to help us old-fellows make the most of what looks like a major new product.

If it has finer details and more subtle controls then you should consider this as a really important issue.

Thanks "gch" or Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
      Great news. I've enjoyed every version of Trainz released over the years and it gets better all the time.

I'm really looking forward to getting TRS2019 the moment it is available.

The one thing I would like to see in the new version is an 'easy-to-read' menu board system. (Please, no more black text on dark-blue backgrounds - Old guys have trouble reading.)

Cheers,
      Roy
      PlymouthRuckinburg -
      I will be very honest here, I'm liking the idea of taking the old trainz concepts and the TANE concept, looking at things that can be added and fixed and mashing them up into something that will come out better then what people like me will expect. Keep it up N3V.
      LaniGert -
      I am new to Trainz and just signed up last week, started with Trainz a new era 3 and then became a Gold member to have early access to TRS 2019. I own about all the DLC of Train Simulator 2019 DTG as well as TSW and I must say I have played 1000's of hours on DTG TS 2019 and TSW and this gets to my review of Trainz TRS 2019. Trainz have taken the the best DTG TS 2019 offer and combined it with TSW quality, now the 2 together is a masterpiece indeed, the quality is amazing, the simulator is so real that I have no words for it. In TSW and DTG TS 2019 there always was something missing and the Trainz people found it and combined it into one awesome Train simulator that really is going the right way. Once the news is out then Trainz will surelly lead the way of Train simulator in the future, there support is awesome while with the other Train sims the support is absent. If I may add a few things it would be that the camera key 3 must jump in front of the train each time you press 3 like in Train Simulator 2019 and then also if possible must have a zoom with the mouse wheel. The second thing I realized is that when I sit in a coach as a passenger then I dont have full control of the locomotive, this would be a great plus if I could be a passenger and be in control of my locomotive. The Steam Locomotives like the Berkshire and Mikado is a huge step ahead of any steam locomotive I have in Train Simulator 2019, they are so alive, so real and a blast to drive. I love the controls and the change to see the line map below to show the gradients, just awesome. So far this is all I found that I may suggest but the Trainz supporters with much more experience with Trainz will know the best. Thanks for a awesome Trainz TRS 19, I love it.
  • Useful Links

• Recent General Trainz Posts

Alikiwi

Your latest newsletter...

Not sure I can add anything that the majority of sensible people have already said. The original post clearly ignores the facts and you'd wonder why bother

Alikiwi Today, 05:35 AM Go to last post
    pware

I understand where you are coming from here but no matter how they presented it without using that image, someone would "dredge it up" and accuse

pware Today, 04:47 AM Go to last post
    Vern

It's all very subjective anyway, for example multiplayer - whether driving/operating or in Surveyor holds no interest for me. However a MSTS or TS2020

Vern Today, 03:33 AM Go to last post
    amigacooke

I'll just mention that not everyone who supported the KickStarter decided to keep the banner saying so.

I'll also admit to thinking that

amigacooke Today, 02:29 AM Go to last post
    RPearson

Steam Locomotives on the TEST TRACK. 5 years and still waiting.

Bob Pearson

RPearson Yesterday, 11:42 PM Go to last post
    1611mac

Thanks for the info. I appreciate that.

1611mac Yesterday, 10:06 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Screenshots Posts

Roy3b3

Australian screenshots

Thanks for the kind words and a good positive suggestion Phil,

However those who know me, realize that I won't release my route until I'm

Roy3b3 Today, 04:15 AM Go to last post
    Roy3b3

Australian screenshots

Thanks Steve for the bridge and arches. They can certainly be put to good use.

Cheers mate,
    Roy

Roy3b3 Today, 03:34 AM Go to last post
    Trainmaster189

Show off your reskins!

My new fictional BN Dash 9 reskins which will be on the DLS soon.

Trainmaster189 Yesterday, 10:39 PM Go to last post
    shebashetan7

USA Pics

Have you tried contacting Robin about TPR being down?

shebashetan7 Yesterday, 10:23 PM Go to last post
    PWeiser

The Talgo 3000s

These might go in a different thread such as freeware announcements, but I currently lack a way to distribute them. Enjoy the TALGOs...

PWeiser Yesterday, 09:48 PM Go to last post
    Alikiwi

Australian screenshots

Thanks Stephen, I shall check it out.

Alikiwi Yesterday, 07:29 PM Go to last post