ATLS In The Yard?

RHKluckhohn

Have you tried using it as a 4 trigger system?

Thanks for the thought, but it was too convoluted as it was. Seven 1-2 way triggers on a channel....

Turns out the proximate cause of the corrector issue wasn't the correctors -- it was the fact that there was an interactive depot in between. Moved triggers and correctors to their own side of the depot and that issue went away.

However, I have just ripped out the ATLS at A, B, C and D as being impractical. Additional shunting tests showed there was no way to avoid overrunning some trigger somewhere, leaving all the lights flashing or even worse, clearing the crossings with trains moving back and forth through the area. I'd also prefer occasional carz running through the train than having them piled up trapped between the stoppers. It were a noble experiment and I wound up with some better-looking crossings in the end.

I also like to keep things as simple as possible. Town speeds are 15-25 MPH so single triggers can be placed to give reasonable trip and release times, while at 35-40 on the branch trains are fast enough to clear the crossings in reasonable time.

BTW, thanks for your work on cleaning up and advancing the state of the assets.

:B~)

Back