Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*

Follow therelease and revisions of "Retain My Asset Names" (RMAN), a freeshareware program that allows Trainz users to Assign, Retain, and Carry forwardtheir own Customized Asset Names in TANE, TRS19, and beyond (for Windowsdesktop).

Also theblog follows the creation of a route development project "Fostoria Ohio,'The Iron Triangle" Project' "

1. Norfolk Southern has had to Hold its Horses today...

by , October 2nd, 2013 at 02:34 PM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

Norfolk Southern is not having a good day today
    in their Fostoria Division.

As can be seen in both photos, signal maintainers have been working hard, and since this morning, to try to get the South Main Street grade crossing signal to work in Fostoria. This trip, located near the more western of the two diamonds NS has with CSX, is responsible for stopping Main Street traffic when a NS train approaches

Updated November 10th, 2018 at 10:22 AM by deneban

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Yeah, we still use Cabeese

by , September 23rd, 2013 at 10:54 AM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

Grade crossings are situated right on the CSX yard feeds in Fostoria. Often the switch engine is not the first vehicle crossing the roads during shunting operations. Yet, by law, any train crossing a road must sound their horn and/or a bell. How is this accomplished if the engine is back a ways on the consist?

The answer is to use an old fashion caboose at the end of your "cut." The cabeese (plural of caboose) are furnished

Updated September 8th, 2018 at 04:13 PM by deneban (Graphics provider changed their domain name -Whisky Tango Foxtrot!)

Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  3. Steam Loco Nickel Plate #765 crosses diamond with B&O in Fostoria

by , September 16th, 2013 at 05:57 PM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

As the video begins, we hear the unmistakable sound of a large steam locomotive at the western Fostoria diamond
    at 5:40 PM EST Sep 16, 2013. In the background of the left frame, a CSX mixed freight departs westward to make way for the restored Steam Locomotive NKP #765 to cross the the diamond on Norfolk Southern's tracks. Unfortunately the steam and smoke are so intense, this cam's view is largely obstructed. In the right frame, the steam train's passage ...
    Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  4. Foamers Gathering Early and "No Shiney on the Hiney"

by , September 14th, 2013 at 09:00 AM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

There is still two weeks to go before the Fostoria Rail Festival....

but foamers are already gathered! This is the scene early Saturday morning where a gathering watches a CSX double stack roll over the Norfolk Southern diamond.

You can bet those folks also have their smart phones tuned to the Fostoria railroad radio communications broadcast on the internet. Communications on the channel are very professional, where the recipient
    Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  5. Avoiding a Norfolk Southern - CSX Collision

by , September 13th, 2013 at 09:53 AM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

Both ASB and ATLS are needed to control rail and road traffic at the South Main Street grade crossing
    near one of the Norfolk Southern-CSX diamonds in Fostoria

Using the Fostoria terrain only map and Google maps, the true alignment and location of the western Fostoria diamond takes shape. In the above screenshot, the Norfolk Southern's Fostoria District between Bellevue, Ohio, and Fort Wayne, ...

Updated November 10th, 2018 at 10:18 AM by deneban

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast