Trainz Simulator 12

1. Yeah, we still use Cabeese

by , September 23rd, 2013 at 10:54 AM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

Grade crossings are situated right on the CSX yard feeds in Fostoria. Often the switch engine is not the first vehicle crossing the roads during shunting operations. Yet, by law, any train crossing a road must sound their horn and/or a bell. How is this accomplished if the engine is back a ways on the consist?

The answer is to use an old fashion caboose at the end of your "cut." The cabeese (plural of caboose) are furnished

Updated September 8th, 2018 at 04:13 PM by deneban (Graphics provider changed their domain name -Whisky Tango Foxtrot!)

Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  2. Steam Loco Nickel Plate #765 crosses diamond with B&O in Fostoria

by , September 16th, 2013 at 05:57 PM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

As the video begins, we hear the unmistakable sound of a large steam locomotive at the western Fostoria diamond
    at 5:40 PM EST Sep 16, 2013. In the background of the left frame, a CSX mixed freight departs westward to make way for the restored Steam Locomotive NKP #765 to cross the the diamond on Norfolk Southern's tracks. Unfortunately the steam and smoke are so intense, this cam's view is largely obstructed. In the right frame, the steam train's passage ...
    Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  3. Foamers Gathering Early and "No Shiney on the Hiney"

by , September 14th, 2013 at 09:00 AM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

There is still two weeks to go before the Fostoria Rail Festival....

but foamers are already gathered! This is the scene early Saturday morning where a gathering watches a CSX double stack roll over the Norfolk Southern diamond.

You can bet those folks also have their smart phones tuned to the Fostoria railroad radio communications broadcast on the internet. Communications on the channel are very professional, where the recipient
    Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  4. New Railfan Park ($800,000) to Open Soon; and Dealing with Terrain Only maps.

by , September 12th, 2013 at 02:08 PM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)

Fostoria is such a popular location for "foamers" that maps, websites, and now even am observation pavilion, has been developed just for rail-fanning. This very insightful and detailed rail-fanning map depicts the new $800,000 Rail-fan Park that will be opening soon on the C&O / B&O diamond (located at the red triangle in the above map). Fostoria will be having a rail festival on September 22.

Updated November 10th, 2018 at 10:17 AM by deneban

Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  5. Fostoria Ohio, The Iron Triangle, Project Blog

by , September 5th, 2013 at 08:08 PM (Dual Blog: *RMAN (Retain My Asset Names) Asset Renaming Utility* & * Fostoria Ohio, "The Iron Triangle" Project*)
    Fostoria Ohio has been described as the busiest US rail town east of the Mississippi. Watching the live cams furnished by railstream.org, there is about 100 trains per day crossing "The Iron Triangle," a track arrangement formed the crossing of three double mainlines within hundreds feet of each other.

A fourth mainline was removed from Fostoria, but the three remaining mainlines belong to Norfolk Southern (constructed by the Nickel Plat Road), an east-west CSX ...

Updated November 10th, 2018 at 10:12 AM by deneban

Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12