Blog Comments

I've previously requested the same (coincidentally in a blog post) , but nothing came of it.

Perhaps it's easier for people to do blogs than forum posts...

Shane
    Such is not surprising. We're talking about a forum that has over 4 completely useless forum sections (recently added I must note) that we can't even post in. Suggesting some commonsense? Now, now, don't do that!

Perhaps one day, the forum management will see that some commonsense steps will help organize the forum and ultimately give these newcomers a better place to receive the information they're looking for...but for now, we'll continue sorting through the many out of place posts.

Now as for the moderation staff, two of you should know I consider you great moderators...so don't be offended, you know who you are.

Cheers,
    Woody
    I agree with you. However, most, likely all, such blog posts are made by misguided newbies who simply do not know better. I once submitted a thread to the Suggestion Boxcar proposing that this be prevented from happening and misguided newbies directed to the proper venue (the forums) for help requests by, if I remember correctly, disallowing users with too small a post count from posting blog posts, with the error message displayed to those attempting to do so directing those seeking help to post on the forums instead. However, the thread was not approved by the moderators.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSF854
    Joe, when you get the chance we should talk on skype. I remember Justin telling me of this, but it had completely slipped my mind later on.

I should mention that I never was walked through modelling, texturing, or mapping for that matter. I learned 95% of this, from observation, and youtube. I started because I got interested when I messed around with a trial of 3ds max. I soon learned that it would be pretty cool to model trains (since that was of my largest interest)

So I would be willing to listen to what you have to tell me.

EDIT: N3V, can you please fix the avatars floating over most of the names?
    -I'm sorry, I may of came off as a little harsh and for that I apologize. You sound just like me, lots of reading and youtube videos. Yea JR helped me also and really got me to where I am today, but mostly, a lot of trial and error.
    -We will get to chat sooner or later!

-Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by socalwb909
    ~snip~

-Joe
    Joe, when you get the chance we should talk on skype. I remember Justin telling me of this, but it had completely slipped my mind later on.

I should mention that I never was walked through modelling, texturing, or mapping for that matter. I learned 95% of this, from observation, and youtube. I started because I got interested when I messed around with a trial of 3ds max. I soon learned that it would be pretty cool to model trains (since that was of my largest interest)

So I would be willing to listen to what you have to tell me.

EDIT: N3V, can you please fix the avatars floating over most of the names?
    Updated February 24th, 2013 at 04:25 AM by ATSF854
    Oh so I just need to delete and re-DL the container packs?
    -Yes, you can now load trains according to class one railroads, BNSF, UP, CSX and NS. There will be more updates later, like the K-line stack train, once I get more skins done on other containers.
    -I would of put the correct horns on the locos, if i had drawings to make them. Pretty much the only thing that has stopped me.
    -For future reference, its completely okay to tell me about problems. I like to know what the issues are and improve on them.

-Joe
    Shane,
    I tend to write just whatever on my mind, however, I'll take a look at your site and see what you've got going for us out there.

Joe,
    In all honesty my friend, I have never really found anything worth mentioning in the 'bad department' about your work. I do wish some of your GP35's had the correct horns, but in my opinion, those are pretty small things to bring up concerning a free asset. I have always wished your intermodal cars had railroad specific intermodal loads, but if I am not mistaken, you're already working on fixing that.

Cheers,
    Woody
    I must thank Joe, his rolling stock is very well done. I've skinned his cars for PCL.
    -I really appreciate everything you have said. When it comes down to it, Trainz had a lot of assets but not everything was great looking, so I took it upon myself to learn and create what I wanted. I find it really cool to see a lot of my assets being used and enjoyed in many screenshots. With each model made, I learn something new. Not only that, looks like quite a few people enjoyed the Mojave sub as well, which is built-in to TS2012.
    -There's one thing I'm upset about, something you didn't say. There's nothing bad being said here. I'm not perfect nor do I believe in such a thing. I don't know if that's something that crossed your mind. I like to hear about problems also, just for the simple fact, I know where I stand, where I can improve. Rather if its updating old assets or improving on future models. Point is, I'm a firm believer in, there's always a flip-side to the coin. I do know that there's always room for improvement. The thing that sucks about it is, example, if I make box_1, release it, then I make box_2, box_1 is now out of date, and at some point I will have to go back and update it cause I learned something new while making box_2. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to asset creation, but it makes me happy that some people enjoy what I have created and it also makes me happy that I am not only a user, but a contributor to the community. All I have for now!

-Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonharh
    I don't care your the one's who started it So Every one JUST Drop it Already. This is stell about the dam VIA train and I get sucked into the crossfire well fine then I'll fix the problem Project Scrapped No VIA Train. there problem solved now leave this dead horse alown.

Blake: You started this bomb fire by telling me in trainz chat that illinoiscentral said a bunch of BS on Facebook about my Spelling and what ever so before you jump the gun and take sides think about who started what and man this is not how partnerships are run so next time if There a next Get your fax's right before telling me whats being said if it's even anything worth telling be about.

boyerm25: No one hates you about what happen it's over and forgotten you need to let it go and move on with your works and stopping worrying about what others think because there not worth your time.

illinoiscentral: This is nothing but a bunch of bull **** and I thot is was over with. Sorry about this **** I didn't know what was going on intell I read the posting 50 times and get the faxs Sorry about the derailmet of your post this **** stops now.

Guys No ones is allow to talk about me behind my back it's rude and piss's me off if you got something to say about me say it to my face I being dealing with bull **** on this forum for years and I'm not as nice as or torrent as I ones was. This stops here and now Not another word about it and drop it or I'll pull the plug on DLP and take my shares and leave It's the End Of The Line.
    You could be nice respected content creator, but then you go and say something like this.
    Looking good - just out of interest, will you be covering any non-content sites (like mine) in your blog?

Shane
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeDooley
    Your only jeopardizing your own reputation...
    It's already too late for that are reputation already screwed.
    "self"
    "sigh" Why am I wasting my time wend no ones listing or wants to, fine say what you wont I don't care Do what you wont I'm going to play Star Teck Online.
    Updated February 23rd, 2013 at 03:44 PM by dragonharh
    [QUOTE=BlakeDooley;bt2063]Exactly, and I am sorry Nelson (dragonharh) but I am going to have to side with Alex on this one.]
    Who's alex?
    Your only jeopardizing your own reputation...
    I don't care your the one's who started it So Every one JUST Drop it Already. This is stell about the dam VIA train and I get sucked into the crossfire well fine then I'll fix the problem Project Scrapped No VIA Train. there problem solved now leave this dead horse alown.

Blake: You started this bomb fire by telling me in trainz chat that illinoiscentral said a bunch of BS on Facebook about my Spelling and what ever so before you jump the gun and take sides think about who started what and man this is not how partnerships are run so next time if There a next Get your fax's right before telling me whats being said if it's even anything worth telling be about.

boyerm25: No one hates you about what happen it's over and forgotten you need to let it go and move on with your works and stopping worrying about what others think because there not worth your time.

illinoiscentral: This is nothing but a bunch of bull **** and I thot is was over with. Sorry about this **** I didn't know what was going on intell I read the posting 50 times and get the faxs Sorry about the derailmet of your post this **** stops now.

Guys No ones is allow to talk about me behind my back it's rude and piss's me off if you got something to say about me say it to my face I being dealing with bull **** on this forum for years and I'm not as nice as or torrent as I ones was. This stops here and now Not another word about it and drop it or I'll pull the plug on DLP and take my shares and leave It's the End Of The Line.
    Updated February 23rd, 2013 at 03:01 PM by dragonharh
    Exactly, and I am sorry Nelson (dragonharh) but I am going to have to side with Alex on this one. This has gone on long enough. Time to get over it and move on, stuff happens sometimes that your not necessarily going to like and other people will try to reason with you but if you keep throwing threats their way, they have expressed written consent to piss you off even more...
    I don't take offense to this post, and yes I agree that DLP is still not yet a great website. However, the breach of copyright was merely an accident and we are all sorry. I, personally, am very confused as to why people are STILL making a big deal out of it.
    -Surprised nothing said about my site, guess I'm doing something right! A few things I would like to say about trainzstop... (and yes, I talk to a few of them over there)
    -I see a lot of drama on the forums come from them, no need to get into details.
    -Matt can model, better than I can even. But in my eyes, that's all he can do. I don't know anything about him but from observation, he has a lot to learn. (at one point was willing to help, but never heard back from him) Just looking at that one loco he released, it may look good, but there is so many issues. High poly, no LOD, to many large textures, etc. The poly count is ridiculous. He really needs to read the wiki pages for Trainz. To many large textures where a lot of it could be condensed into one or two textures. Problems like these can hurt people with low-end computers, with just a little more time spent in learning how to do things right, he can really be up there with rrmods and jointedrail.
    -I think he is an example of someone, who came into the sim, wanted something that no one could provide him, so right off the bat, lets make locomotives. To me, what a wrong way about doing things. You don't just jump in a plane and think you know how to fly it. You have to work your way up. Me... the tunnels on the Mojave Sub, were some of my very first creations I ever did. The ATSF warbonnet Gevo's were one of the first skins I ever did and was walked through it even. Point is, I started out small, like I think everyone should. Make a house, a wall, a building or something first. anyway, I'll stop there.
    -I want to add to your rant, if I haven't already lol. I really hate that rubytmix or whatever its called. Bringing the high poly'd Google crap into Trainz.... now everyone thinks their an asset creator, cause they took someone else's mesh and converted it. Now the DLS is filled with all this useless high poly'd junk. That needs to stop and I wish it would. Anyway, just my .02

-Joe
    That's wonderful to know, have a nice evening.

Woody
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast