FOND DU LAC BRANCH

Trials, Tribulations, Triumphs and Thoughts on creating and running this route in Trainz 2009 and 12, and now T:ANE.

1. Objectives For Version :6

• Convert the grade crossings at Jones to atilacrossing. [But that would require updating every session transiting the xing. [Well, that's not such a big deal -- just update the Basic Session, copy and paste into the others. Not bad while there's only a few sessions.]] And Willow Lawn Rd. And Knowles. And Rolling Meadows. Might as well do Brownsville too.
    • Substitute speedtrees for some of the large billboard trees trackside.
    • Double check the mileage. Iron Ridge depot is 132.5

Updated July 10th, 2020 at 03:23 AM by RHKluckhohn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. GENERAL OVERHAUL

It's been 18 months since I did anything with the Branch. The COVID-19 epidemic is providing lots of free time so I've started a general overhaul of the route and sessions in T:ANE to improve appearance and try to improve performance.

• Alignment and track are not involved so existing sessions will continue to operate. The only track change to date is the Mayville Metalworks spur. The 60-lb rail previously installed is invisible so has been replaced.
    • All portal consists have been

Updated May 5th, 2020 at 04:05 AM by RHKluckhohn

Tags: fond du lac Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Industry, leave my train brake alone!

Quote Originally Posted by ZecMurphy View Post
    Hi RHKluckhohn
    At the current time, the industries take control of the train in the same way that an AI driver controls the train. This means that when control is returned, the train brakes will be applied as this is what happens when control is returned from an AI driver.

However, you can generally prevent this from occurring by adding the 'Advanced Industry Load Configuration' rule, and then configuring the industry to not take control of the trains. Please note that in some
    Categories
    CONSTRUCTION
  4. SATURDAY MORNING YARD JOB on the DLS

FDL Saturday AM Yard Job <KUID:373500:100044> has been approved and should be downloadable within 24 hours.

It's been tested in SP3 94916 and the latest beta, 97285.

97285 has blown out Maddy's YARN T Intersections, it seems. There is one on the route which causes a loading error. If you click "Continue" everything runs with no issues, but I've prepared an update to release when HF1 is final anyway.

Let me know if you find any issues.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. FDL FRIDAY AM For T:ANE

The session FDL Friday AM has been ported to T:ANE, uploaded and approved. It will be available for download within hours.

Due to a power shortage at Horicon, today's early patrol will be Eastbound sans caboose. First we have to make up the train and take care of an odd job in the West Yard, then do some light work on our way to Horicon.

This is the first import from 12 to T:ANE SP3. The experience has improved in that there are fewer ghost consists needing attention; the
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast