jordon412

1. Car Problems when Chasing Trains

I tend to stay at a building whenever I railfan instead of following a train, so I don't know the problems that everyone's experianced whenever chasing a train across the country. However, I do know that it can be a pain. Here's why I wrote this post:
    It was Saturday, March 10th, 2012. I had planned on going to a model railroad convention held by the Train Collectors Association's Chattanooga (Tennessee, USA) Division being held at the convention center in Ringgold (Georgia, USA (Why it wasn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Always Call First

Sometimes it's better to make sure that you know what's happening somewhere before you get there. As was the case on March 3rd, when I called the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (TVRM, or as I call it, "The Museum") to see if they had Southern 2-8-0 #630 up & running. Unfortunately, she won't be returning from her winter slumber about two or three weeks from then. So I'm planning on going there in May. Hopefully she'll be ready. On the other hand, if I hadn't checked, I would be stuck ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Politics and Trainz: What's the connection?

What's the connection? The answer: AMTRAK. Amtrak content is available for download and included in Trainz 12 (Northeast Corridor). The government funds the national passenger carrier, but they don't seem to notice that there's been an increase in ridership recently and should begin noticing that more and more people are taking train than car or planes. Our representatives need to increase the budget given to Amtrak in order for Amtrak to order new equipment to not only replace old outdated equipment, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Spending a day on Trainz

This is my first blog, so I'm not that familiar with blogs. Anyway, it's 10:20 at night and we're getting hammered by a really bad storm. It's been thundering and lightning every minute. So I've been spending time spending time on Trainz and the Forums. Right now I've got three projects going on, doing each one at different times. I'm working on 'modified' versions of the Municipal Trainsit Railway route and Highland Valley Steam Era route, along with my own 'proto-freelanced' version of the Tennessee ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678