Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks

This blog will contain tips and tricks related to the technical and operational aspects of Trainz.

Occasionally other items will crop up, but this does not happen very often.

For further tips and tricks, see my tutorial website. This can be accessed from any of my newer forum posts or the About my Blog section on the right of the page.

1. Tip/Trick: Dealing with the Black and Multicolour Textures

by , February 5th, 2012 at 08:13 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    (note: This is also present on my tutorial website)

Had an issue where everything you've downloaded has appeared black or multicolour?

If so, you are not alone - this is common in TS2009 and TS2010 with certain graphics cards - it's known as a texture compression issue.

To fix it, you will need to do two things in Content Manager.

Firstly, you will need to turn off Hardware Compression. See the following image for the location of this setting: ...

Updated February 26th, 2013 at 04:41 PM by shaneturner12

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Tip/Trick: Displaying non-favourite Routes

by , February 5th, 2012 at 07:18 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Having problems finding routes and sessions? Try this.

When on the Routes page, look for a gold star at the top of the screen. If it is present, click it.

This will show the 'missing' routes and sessions.

A similar thing can be done with 'missing' assets in Surveyor. Simply click Main Menu, then Options, then Surveyor Settings, then scroll down to 'Only Display Favourite Content' to remove the tick in the box next to it, then click the Tick icon.

Updated February 5th, 2012 at 02:45 PM by shaneturner12

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345