Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks

This blog will contain tips and tricks related to the technical and operational aspects of Trainz.

Occasionally other items will crop up, but this does not happen very often.

For further tips and tricks, see my tutorial website. This can be accessed from any of my newer forum posts or the About my Blog section on the right of the page.

1. My first Rule - Diagnostic Rule (screenshot is 800 x 600)

by , April 1st, 2012 at 02:47 PM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    I know this is not a technical tip or trick, but it is technical-related.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    After several hours of hard work, I have released my first piece of content.

It's called Diagnostic Rule, and the KUID is <kuid:234888:100038>.

It is currently waiting to be processed, and will hopefully appear on the Download Station within the next 72 hours.

As this is my first piece of non-route content, comments and suggestions are welcome, but please do not lambast
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Tip/Trick: How to increase the amount of debugging information in the Jetlog.txt file

by , March 23rd, 2012 at 05:39 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    In TS12, the Jetlog file does not store much information, and earlier versions can be made to store more information from the scripting engine.

This can be done by adding at least two out of the following three entries into trainzoptions.txt, which is in the Trainz installation folder: (Items in bold are required entries, items that are not bold are optional, but will help increase the level of debugging information)

-enablescriptlogging
    -enablescriptmessagelogging
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tutorial: How to use my PC Information Application

by , March 10th, 2012 at 07:31 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    All features mentioned are part of all versions of my tool unless otherwise stated.

Downloading the tool

To download the tool, visit
    http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tuto...m-info-utility then scroll down to the Download Links section.

Click the relevant download link for the version you want. (Note: the clickonce version is a special version that will auto-update as new releases are made. Also note that the Patch Finder tool ...

Updated July 5th, 2012 at 04:36 AM by shaneturner12

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Downloading using TrainzUtil - TS2009 SP4 and later (possible 'Invalid Content' fix)

by , February 25th, 2012 at 11:26 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Whilst browsing the help information for TrainzUtil, I've found that it is possible to install a DLS asset without using FTP or Content Manager. Note that this does not include dependencies.

This method may allow assets that appear as 'Invalid Content' or 'Unknown Content' to install, as long as the content is not for a later version.

Where I use <> marks, replace the <> marks and their contents with the correct information mentioned. (<trainz install folder> ...

Updated March 17th, 2012 at 03:33 AM by shaneturner12

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Tutorial Site - Important Information: Change of Address

by , February 24th, 2012 at 12:39 PM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    Hello fellow Trainzers,

This is very important information for users of my tutorial website. (This will also appear in my blog)

The address to access the site has now changed. To access the site, please use the following link:

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/

This is on my new domain - the site will still operate as normal. Be aware that if you are using any of my old addresses, it will take longer to load the site. For optimum
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast