Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. When and when not to use the Blogs feature

by , August 18th, 2012 at 02:42 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Normally, I do not do blog posts like this, but I've noticed an increase of blog posts that should be forum threads.

When to use a blog post

Blog posts are normally used for information related to that particular blog. For example, this blog is mainly to do with the technical (and sometimes operational) side of Trainz. If unsure, have a look at other blog posts (apart from blogs of users who are simply asking Trainz-related questions)

When to use a forum ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Apologies for the lack of new blog information

by , August 12th, 2012 at 09:29 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Hi Trainzers,

As some of you may have gathered, I haven't had much chance to update my blog.

As things stand, I'm currently dealing with N3V over an issue that many will come across if you haven't already - trains not loading correctly under AI at stations.

I have found recently that the issue is quite heavily related on how much is happening in the session at the time, as well as the framerates. It's especially likely to happen if the framerates are below ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Trainz Install Guide: Installing a digital download version

by , June 20th, 2012 at 10:27 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    This guide is to assist users who have problems installing a digital download version of TS2009,TS2010,or TS12.

Follow each step accordingly, and if you run into problems, leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Note: These instructions will only work if you have indeed bought a digital download.

It is important to use a download manager program to download the files, as they are ~1.5GB each.

1.Create a folder for the files. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My first Rule - Diagnostic Rule (screenshot is 800 x 600)

by , April 1st, 2012 at 02:47 PM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    I know this is not a technical tip or trick, but it is technical-related.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    After several hours of hard work, I have released my first piece of content.

It's called Diagnostic Rule, and the KUID is <kuid:234888:100038>.

It is currently waiting to be processed, and will hopefully appear on the Download Station within the next 72 hours.

As this is my first piece of non-route content, comments and suggestions are welcome, but please do not lambast
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Tip/Trick: How to increase the amount of debugging information in the Jetlog.txt file

by , March 23rd, 2012 at 05:39 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    In TS12, the Jetlog file does not store much information, and earlier versions can be made to store more information from the scripting engine.

This can be done by adding at least two out of the following three entries into trainzoptions.txt, which is in the Trainz installation folder: (Items in bold are required entries, items that are not bold are optional, but will help increase the level of debugging information)

-enablescriptlogging
    -enablescriptmessagelogging
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast