Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks

This blog will contain tips and tricks related to the technical and operational aspects of Trainz.

Occasionally other items will crop up, but this does not happen very often.

For further tips and tricks, see my tutorial website. This can be accessed from any of my newer forum posts or the About my Blog section on the right of the page.

1. When and when not to use the Blogs feature

by , August 18th, 2012 at 02:42 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Normally, I do not do blog posts like this, but I've noticed an increase of blog posts that should be forum threads.

When to use a blog post

Blog posts are normally used for information related to that particular blog. For example, this blog is mainly to do with the technical (and sometimes operational) side of Trainz. If unsure, have a look at other blog posts (apart from blogs of users who are simply asking Trainz-related questions)

When to use a forum ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Apologies for the lack of new blog information

by , August 12th, 2012 at 09:29 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Hi Trainzers,

As some of you may have gathered, I haven't had much chance to update my blog.

As things stand, I'm currently dealing with N3V over an issue that many will come across if you haven't already - trains not loading correctly under AI at stations.

I have found recently that the issue is quite heavily related on how much is happening in the session at the time, as well as the framerates. It's especially likely to happen if the framerates are below ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Trainz Install Guide: Installing a digital download version

by , June 20th, 2012 at 10:27 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    This guide is to assist users who have problems installing a digital download version of TS2009,TS2010,or TS12.

Follow each step accordingly, and if you run into problems, leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Note: These instructions will only work if you have indeed bought a digital download.

It is important to use a download manager program to download the files, as they are ~1.5GB each.

1.Create a folder for the files. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New Utility: Trainz Protocol Changer - fix broken Download Helper links

by , June 5th, 2012 at 09:59 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    I am pleased to announce another utility.

This one is called the Trainz Protocol Changer.

Are you finding that the wrong version of Content Manager is loading when you click a Download (Helper) link, or that your browser says it cannot find the program to open trainz:// links?

This tool can change the relevant registry information to point at the correct version.

Please be aware that as this tool can modify Registry information, some security ...

Updated June 25th, 2015 at 03:21 AM by shaneturner12

Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  5. Useful Trainz abbreviations

by , May 9th, 2012 at 02:38 AM (Trainz Technical and Operational Tips and Tricks)
    Here is a list of the more commonly used abbreviations in the Trainz technical and sometimes operational side. In addition to this, there are also abbreviations for other entities like websites and forum terms.

If there are any that are not present here that you want the meaning for, please leave a comment.
    Also leave a comment if you want an abbreviation and meaning added to the list - I will credit each contribution to the user who posted the comment.

TRS - ...

Updated September 26th, 2014 at 01:41 PM by shaneturner12

Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast