Blog Comments

I have released a new edition of the tool - see the Trainz Protocol Changer - Second Edition thread in General Trainz for details and a download link.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...Second-Edition

Shane
    Updated June 25th, 2015 at 03:20 AM by shaneturner12
    An update to this tool will be released later on today - I've now identified how the associations work for T:ANE.

Shane

EDIT: Due to an unexpected issue, I will hopefully be releasing it tomorrow.
    Updated May 7th, 2015 at 11:28 AM by shaneturner12
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingHertz
    i don't know on how to fix the part at the insert a disk message,can you please explain me on how to do it?

I would suggest that you make sure all the files from the download are in the right place and that you have downloaded all the files that are part of the order.

Shane
    i don't know on how to fix the part at the insert a disk message,can you please explain me on how to do it?

Thank you Bhorton - I have added both of those to the list.

Shane
    EDR: Extended database repair
    UAD: Updating Asset Database
    Thank you Paul - I have added that one to the list as well.

Shane
    IIRC - If I Remember Correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro00064
    If you have Trainz installed in a different, non-protected location (such as in a subfolder of the root folder of your hard drive), then Trainz does not need administrator privileges to write to its installation folder, and thus it is unlikely that you will have these problems.

If Trainz is installed in a different location then the installation folder will not be listed in %userprofile%\AppData\Local and there will be no cached data to copy out.

So I guess it's fortunate that installing to a different location is unlikely to lead to the original problem
    Updated August 26th, 2013 at 07:09 PM by BuilderBob
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkNose
    Hi, Shane. These 2 I see a lot and am clueless to what they mean: HOTT and YARN. Are they route abbreviations? Many assets start with HOTT. Thanks.

Andrew
    Apologies for slow reply - I will find out what they mean and will update the blog entry accordingly.

Shane
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabartus
    Perhaps you could suggest to the webmaster that any page should have Prev & Next buttons both top and bottom. Just for us Old Guys who don't have a clue, you know.
    I've a feeling that it a site limitation.

Shane
    Perhaps you could suggest to the webmaster that any page should have Prev & Next buttons both top and bottom. Just for us Old Guys who don't have a clue, you know.
    Let me twist the question bit. My one experience with it last year, was to archive something I wanted to disappear from the CMP lists and Surveyor. Let's say UK and German electrified rail stuff. Or tracks I'd never build with. God knows regions are rarely set reliably! If I archive such, can CMP find it if I load a route that needs it. Apparently the answer is yes, checking the manual:

Sect 17.5.2
    If you already have the assets (parent or child) on the local machine the Download Helper will not download them again. If the asset is in a known Archive (see Importing Content and CDPs Archiving), when you start the download process CMP will get the required assets from the archive.

So how do I hide stuff of no interest w/o breaking it or something I load which actually uses it? Opening for edit and moving it elsewhere was what I did with 20-25 terrain snippets--multiple multi-baseboard blocks of no track 'routes', but painted and developed with towns and forest and so forth. I'd merged them in extending the layout as needed. When assets.tdx next got rebuilt, CMP lost track of these 'psuedo-routes'. I was happy as they aren't in the list of routes anymore, though I'd created them with a 'z' prefix to get them down the end. Ironically, I accidently imported them the other day telling a fresh install to import content and to include sub-folders from the old install. (I'd just moved the directory thinking I'd overwritten a T'06 asset with T'04 asset that was giving an error. Turned out I'd just removed a loco and a Driver was assigned it.) However I did it, I need to hide them again.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Hi, Shane. These 2 I see a lot and am clueless to what they mean: HOTT and YARN. Are they route abbreviations? Many assets start with HOTT. Thanks.

Andrew
    Or just the opposite could be true.

my GPU is an nVidia 560m. In order to get readable text when a session or quickdrive is running I have to have to have vertex offset turned on and the slider somewher near the middle. Text goes from almost invisible to very readable.

Now if that setting would just carry over to surveyor (which I don't think it does because the text in it is almost invisible) I'd be a happy camper.

Makes one wonder what the nv3 guys used for graphics programming. Vertex offset adjustments used to be very common 15 to 20 years ago. TS12 is the 1st software I've seen that requires it with a modern graphics GPU in a very, very, very long time.
    Updated January 29th, 2013 at 11:19 AM by Werewolf13
    I've noticed that one as well, but I would not advise restoring builtin items if you get the chance to skip them.

It's OK, anyway - my blog is there to assist users, and that's my intention.

Shane
    Hi Shane,

It looks like you can archive built in items.

I just created an archive of a route by right clicking the route and selecting archive. Adding all the items dependencies included the built in items.

I wouldn't recommend this as an effective way to manage archived files but you can do it.

Thanks for the blog by the way.

Gavan
    Indeed. That's why I've got this blog post to help people differentiate between the two.

Shane
    Blogs are more akin to a book. It's designed to be more of a one-way communication (blogger writes, you read).
    Forums are more akin to a party conversation. They're designed more to be for two-way communication.

In general things like questions are much better asked in the forum as it provides a better system for people converse back & forth.

Here on the Auran forums (and this is mainly for you old guys who don't seem to get out on the web that often). The forums is a much better place to pose questions as it's much more organized. If one is to ask a question about the DLS there is a place for that on the forums, whereas in the blog it's all jumbled together.

peter
    ??????????????????????????
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast