Paul's (PCAS1986) Trainz Blog

A group of Trainz related topics that interest me.

1. Big Bertha Rides Again

by , August 24th, 2012 at 01:53 AM (Paul's (PCAS1986) Trainz Blog)
    I'm pleased to say Big Bertha is complete and available on the DLS. Actually I only just got the notification from N3V and already there have been a few dozen downloads.

There are three versions available and a total of 11 assets including:

3 locos in MR, LMS and BR numbers and logos
    1 loco bogey
    3 cab interiors. The MR version uses a lever reverser and has a folding drivers seat. The LMS and BR versions are the same and have a screw reverser. The driver's ...
    Tags: big bertha Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  2. Big Bertha Build - Almost there!

by , August 10th, 2012 at 08:09 PM (Paul's (PCAS1986) Trainz Blog)
    I've spent the past week tidying up the many (computer) folders that contain Big Bertha's source files prior to beta release. This I sent to Kieran a couple of days ago. Murphy's Law promptly arose and I discovered that the engine spec was faulty.

The engine spec I had been using for months caused the safety valves to lift and consequently there was a loud hissing noise after a few minutes of running. This didn't bother me during development as I was mostly just checking meshes and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Big Bertha - Cab Complete (I think)

by , August 3rd, 2012 at 02:04 AM (Paul's (PCAS1986) Trainz Blog)
    Big Bertha' cab interior is finally complete - I think. Here is a screenshot taken from the cab part of the tender:

After many experiments I finally came up with a brass/bronze finish for the pipes that I liked. The various dials now work.

While investigating a scripting issue for Trainlover16 who wanted to see animated doors both from the interior and exterior view in various positions, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Big Bertha - Cab Interior Update 23 Jul 12

The cab is finally getting nearer to completion. Completed stuff include:

Dials including Boiler Pressure, Speedometer and Brake Cyl and Brake Reservoir.
    The Steam Supply controls.
    Injector controls.
    Main brake.
    Whistle.
    The Fire Plates.
    Blower.
    Sander.
    Regulator.
    Cab sandboxes.
    Water level.
    Water lever isolation valves.
    Water level drain.
    Doors - these open.
    And a couple of steam valves.
    The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Big Bertha Build - Cab Interior - Revised Controls

After some discussion with my client, we have decided to base Big Bertha's cab interior on the 2-8-0 7F. There are many similarities with Big Bertha and the 7F so this seems a reasonable way to go.

Unfortunately this means discarding some of the controls I was going to use and starting over.

So the new controls will be based on the photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/railsim...th/3752663789/

Rebuilding the regulator was ...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast