Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986
    The picture below doesn't do it justice. It looks better than that.
    Then it must be truly amazing!

And thanks to Brian for helping!

Can I beta test, and experimnt with different enginesounds and the like? And for the whistle, the Stanier 8F one could be used, but not if the loco is for Multi Player. As I said earlier, I have permission to make a Multi Player version of the Lickey Incline route on the DLS.

Kieran.
    Use normal map for the rivets and you should us "edge split" on the cab roof and head light.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxonjared
    Cappy will love this! how is the A2 going?
    Nowhere, at the moment but a very generous Trainzer has provided some good drawings and some pictures.

Its the detail and the animation that takes the time and the texturing of course. However, this time around I plan to avoid the rework I did for my other loco. The cab in particular gave me grief which is why I was so pleased with this one. Except for the window glass, which is easy, the cab exterior mesh is about complete. Not sure how much detail I will put into the exterior view of the cab interior. That will have to wait until I have done the interior view.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxonjared
    Cappy will love this!
    Indeed I do!

I can't wait! Let's see how many Matchbox items I can make for Trainz before this is done.

^Clean up in Aisle 1!

I'm just so excited! Can you tell? Probably not...
    Cappy will love this! how is the A2 going?
    Quote Originally Posted by captainkman

Paul, would it help if I posted some pics of the texturing on the MSTS Bertha?
    Yes, of course. Number fonts, company logos, etc. I have a whole bunch of BB photos that I flick through continuously trying to understand how it was built. The one I don't have is a full side on shot. I just checked and I have 12 photos although two look the same. Plus there is the video that has some nice detail.

Right now I'm having a few problems getting the top and front background drawings to line up with the parts I have already created in the side view. In the event of a problem I'll make the side view the master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphod
    ....and you would be wrong! I'm as judgemental as anyone, I just try not to jump to conclusions as often as I used to!
    Wow! That comes as a very large suprise!

Let's reserve some space for updates now, we'll be on the second page before any at this rate!

Paul, would it help if I posted some pics of the texturing on the MSTS Bertha?
    That's ok Ed. And it doesn't seem like you to judge anyway.
    ....and you would be wrong! I'm as judgemental as anyone, I just try not to jump to conclusions as often as I used to!
    That was the general plan. If I make a crimson one then I would certainly put it up on the DLS with a caveat. Whether anyone uses it or not is their choice. I noticed in amongst the photos I found of Big Bertha that it was running around with a BR number on the loco but with LMS painted on its tender. I was debating whether to create it that way and see if anyone complained.

For me, the journey is the fun part. I don't always use my own creations.
    Ok. Can you make a LMS black and BR black with the Crimson one? Maybe don't release the Crimson one? I certainly wouldn't keep it on my computer, no offence.

Then again I'll probably reskin it lime green and put Captainkman on the tender with the number Over 9000.

And I don't care about the release date, as long as it gets released!
    Updated February 25th, 2012 at 10:36 PM by captainkman
    The bright orange block was only ever a confidence builder because I sometimes don't trust my arithmetic. Why orange? Because I was using Blenders colour wheel and I wanted something bright. The block has a notex materiel. I was a bit concerned about the length of the loco given that the Duchess was a lot longer. However, I was unable to find the correct length for a Duchess except for a length that probably included the tender.

I'll make it in the BR black but, because I can and I like the colour, I will also make it in the LMS crimson colour.

June 4, despite being a worthy date, might be a bit ambitious given that I have other stuff to do like rebuilding my back yard before winter gets here. Making these things really does take a lot of time.
    If you were seriously blowing him grief, then I couldn't reconcile your words with your character, in other words, it didn't seem like you. I understand now, thanks for clearing that up. I apologize for the confusion.
    That's ok Ed. And it doesn't seem like you to judge anyway.

Well, back to this wonderful creation! (Even if she is a giant orange box at the moment )
    If you were seriously blowing him grief, then I couldn't reconcile your words with your character, in other words, it didn't seem like you. I understand now, thanks for clearing that up. I apologize for the confusion.
    Surely you don't think because he made an orange BLOCK to test for overall size, he intends to keep the engine orange, do you? Could your statement BE anymore patronizing? And then to suggest a release date? I'm going to have assume you and he have some type of under the table friendship, and you are just poking him in the ribs, otherwise I can't reconcile this post with your character.
    Hi,

Yes, I am poking him in the ribs. (Hopefully not too hard)

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986
    What is not clear to me is the colouring scheme used during its lifetime. I assume that during the BR period it was probably painted black. The LMS locos generally seem to be painted a dark reddish brown (crimson lake name?) with gold/yellow striping. None of the black and white photos I have of Big Bertha appear to have that detail. I'm also not sure of the Midland Railway colours. I'd appreciate help with these colours. It would be a shame to paint the model in black only.
    I was not talking about the box, I was talking about the above statement. I was calling all colours but black "bright colours", i.e. the proposed (hoped might be a better word) red scheme, versus the only logical colour of LMS/BR black.

And the release date was just a joke. Check the calendar.

Here in Australia, it's just considered being friendly (or it is as far as I know), and I did not intend to hurt anyone.

I hope this clears thigs up, Ed.

...I can't reconcile this post with your character.
    And I don't quite understand the above statement.

Kieran.
    Updated February 25th, 2012 at 06:47 PM by captainkman
    Hi,

Only passenger locos were painted in bright colours. Freight locos were almost always black. For example the 4F, 3F and the 9Fs, except Evening Star. Therefore, I think Big Bertha would need to be just black, I'm afraid. At least the buffer beams will be red, and the numbers logos all be other colours.

Maybe June 4th for release?

Kieran.
    Surely you don't think because he made an orange BLOCK to test for overall size, he intends to keep the engine orange, do you? Could your statement BE anymore patronizing? And then to suggest a release date? I'm going to have assume you and he have some type of under the table friendship, and you are just poking him in the ribs, otherwise I can't reconcile this post with your character.
    Hi,

Only passenger locos were painted in bright colours. Freight locos were almost always black. For example the 4F, 3F and the 9Fs, except Evening Star. Therefore, I think Big Bertha would need to be just black, I'm afraid. At least the buffer beams will be red, and the numbers logos all be other colours.

Maybe June 4th for release?

Kieran.
    Updated February 25th, 2012 at 06:19 AM by captainkman
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314