Trainz Simulator 12

1. Embrace your inner blogger...

by , February 9th, 2012 at 10:26 PM (The Deadliest Kvetch)
    Granted, this blog feature is new to Trainz and many members seem to be confused by it all. Some blogs here are nothing more than a question "what's this for?" To answer this metaphysical question, I can only reply "have you actually ever read a blog before?"

There are many of them out there on the interwebs; a lot of frustrated pseudo journalists that have something to say to the world. Have you read any?

Most bloggers pick a subject that they are familiar ...
  2. Miss Manners and the case of "Payware, Freeware or No-ware"

by , February 8th, 2012 at 07:54 PM (The Deadliest Kvetch)
    Let the kvetching begin!

We've all read the threads arguing the merits of payware over freeware, or freeware over payware, but how do you prevent either from becoming "no-ware"?
    It's tempting to believe that the end user has no control, that a creator will just endlessly continue to produce the wares of their choice. I disagree. When a creator produces payware our first inclination is to chalk up the motivation to profit. I've witnessed creators that have moved from ...
  3. Your Custom Menu Screen Tutorial

by , February 7th, 2012 at 08:42 PM (The Deadliest Kvetch)
    I am assuming that anyone attempting to make a custom menu screen has some type of feature filled graphics manipulation program and is comfortably proficient using it. I use PSP8 myself, but I'm sure that most programs are similar. I bear no responsibility for your project or the outcome, because if you perform the very first step there should be no issues with "breaking your game"!

The First Step:

Make yourself a new folder, place it somewhere you will recall ...

Updated February 8th, 2012 at 03:05 AM by Euphod

Categories
    Trainz Simulator 12
  4. Not a Building...Part Three

by , February 6th, 2012 at 11:31 PM (The Deadliest Kvetch)
    Here is my latest attempt. Please ignore the anomalies around the header panel, I haven't cleaned that up yet, but I'm running out of time!

As always, any comments good or bad are welcome, in fact, desired!
    Thanks for stopping by!
  5. Not a Building...Part Two

by , February 6th, 2012 at 10:58 AM (The Deadliest Kvetch)
    After much fine tuning and rending of clothes, gnashing of teeth, I've come up with this:

Please comment, and let me know if this is getting closer to acceptable. I am toying with the idea of adding "Norfolk Southern Edition" to the lower left corner. Let me know what you think of that. Also, tell me if you think the "Trainz 12" banner at the top is needed, or if it would ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast