PDA

View Full Version : Content Manager won't open.

macopple
February 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Downloaded TS12 yesterday and this is my first Trainz experience. I downloaded it through Steam out of habit and am beginning to think that might not have been the best idea. Anyway, when I first installed it and started poking around Content Manager would open. I purchased the Blue Comet DLC from Simulator Central and just downloaded it, saved to my computer and installed it. It works fine in game, but when I tried to go back into CM after reading about more I could do there I got a missing dll file error. Unfortunately, I didn't write it down as I expected I would get it again. Instead, when I click on Content Manager nothing happens. No error, no blip on my Task Manager. Content Updates within the game seem to be working fine though I had some FCT issues but I figured those out. Not sure what to do. Considering the ol' uninstall/reinstall but that would require a re-download from Steam which I'd really like to avoid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

shaneturner12
February 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the forums.

By the sounds of things, you need to update your DirectX files. See my DXInstallHelper thread in this forum for details.

Shane

macopple
February 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks, I'll give it shot. Forgot to mention I'm running Windows 8 if that makes a difference.

NICKEL
February 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Trainz goes off and does things underneath and stalls opening. If you want to see what is happening, start up trainz to the Launch screen. Then go into the options area and then the developers tab. Tick the box that says Show Database Process Windows. Then the background processes will show themselves on the Taskbar. These windows are Trainz doing work in the background.