PDA

View Full Version : We may now need an Indian forum

narrowgauge
February 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM
It appears that Trainz in India is or will be growing. With passenger and freight traffic on a network that is the 3rd largest in the world India is very conscious of its railways. They live around them, walk all over them and travel on them in any space they can find.

From Wikipedia:-

Passengers 28 million per DAY
Freight 2.8 million tons per Day
229,381 Freight cars
59,713 Passenger cars
9213 Locos

Five gauges
1.676 mm
1,453 mm
1,000 mm
762 mm
610 mm

India has the highest population numbers in the world, by comparison China comes in second and the USA third.

Read Wikipedia 'Indian Trains'

I think it is time that India is catered for on the forum.

Peter

NSWGR_46Class
February 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Sounds like an good idea but us Aussies want our own area tonwe have been pushing for it for years :)

HLJames
February 16th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Sounds like an good idea but us Aussies want our own area tonwe have been pushing for it for years :)
Don't you speak English though? :P

H222
February 16th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Australian English. Plus, we have to sift through the Yankee and Pommy stuff to get to our (best) stuff :hehe:

Jamie

captainkman
February 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
I think that an Indian sub-forum would be good idea.

I'd still stick with the Brits even if we had an Aussie sub-forum. :p

NSWGR_46Class
February 17th, 2013, 06:21 AM
About as much as you americans do
:)
Don't you speak English though? :P

matruck
February 17th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Probably just as easy starting your own Aussie/NSW/Whatever type forum Dave and linking it from your sig mate,

Don't you speak English though? :P With reply's like this I think ya just banging your head against the wall here. You might be surprised who and how many would show up at your own forum if you set it up correctly.
Mick.:)

anand99
March 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I have always been an avid fan of Trainz over other simulations simply because there is no other simulation out there comparable to Trainz. The rest are all driving simulations. Trainz is the only one that allows you focus on the entire railway and let the trains run in AI mode. However, what has been discouraging for me is the lack of models for modern indian locomotives and coaches for Trainz. There is a very active modeling community that builds for MSTS but refuses to convert their models for trains. I do not possess the skill set needed to build my own models. I gave it a shot many years ago and uploaded a few coaches and scenery to DS, but gave up beyond that. I really wish there was a more active group of indian railway modelers building for Trainz.

narrowgauge
March 29th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I had envisaged this sub forum as being used by Hindi speaking trainzers but I suppose that it will do to concentrate attention on the modelsthem selves. Our DHR is being extended South to Siliguri, at which point it meets the broad gauge. There is one place where the the gauges cross, really shows the difference between the two

To get people modelling we need details??? Anand99, perhaps your MSTS modellers will supply diagram and photos. I don't blame them for refusing to make for Trainz, it is an entirely different system.

Peter

narrowgauge
March 29th, 2013, 08:20 PM
You may find this interesting.

Google for 'IRFCA' which is the 'Indian Railways Fan Club Association' You will find details of the wide range of 5'6" gauge stock in use. I could hazard a guess that the variety of vehicles in use might eclipse the US, especially as this is the only railway company for the entire Indian nation.

I have been wedded to narrow gauge for a long time, I feel that I might renew my flagging interest in creation if I switch to the other gauge extreme of 66". That would be a complete change in 'scale'. Any one interested?

Peter

narrowgauge
March 29th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I have joined the IRFCA forum, mostly MSTS, some railworks but very little Trainz. I think this would be fertile ground for some Trainz modelers.

Peter