PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 and Trainz 12 communication error

JGDrums
January 27th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hey guys! I installed Trainz Simulator 12 on my Windows 8 computer. It was working fine yesterday. Today I try to load the game up and its says "Your hardware or software is unable to communicate correctly with Trainz." I have DirectX11. The program needs Windows 7 minimum. Is Windows 8 too new for Trainz 12 or is there something else wrong? Thank you very much- Joe

DarrinDPrice
January 27th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I'm running Traniz 12 on my Win 8 computer and it works fine. After I update the Traniz software I did have to restart my computer. Everything worked just fine.

DarrinDPrice
January 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM
One thing I for got add. Before I installed Trainz 12 I made sure that Windows 8 and my video drivers were updated. This might be of some help.

jkfrench
January 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I don't have any issues either.

Does it work with OpenGL? If so, you might trying changing the graphics resolution settings and try Directx again ... also, Trainz doesn't really support DirectX 11 ... if you haven't already, install DirectX 9.0c (you can have both DirectX11 and DirectX9 installed at the same time without any issues).

--- Jeff

JCitron
January 28th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Jeff,

I found I had to run the program with Open/GL under Windows 8. It runs fine with DirectX with Windows 7.

He'll still need DirectX 9 installed anyway even with Open/GL.

John

jkfrench
January 28th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Hmmm ... I can run with OpenGL or DirectX with Windows 8. I agree that he will need DirectX 9 though.

NIARTcar
January 28th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Trainz can on occasion throw up this error. Your best bet is to first try a simple restart of your computer, often times this is enough to correct the error. If it continues to be an issue after a full restart, then the above statements should be looked into...

cheers,

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2013, 03:58 AM
There is another possibility here. Sometimes, the settings in the Trainz Options box can reset themselves for no apparent reason so check this as well. (to access these, click Options on the Launcher).

Shane