PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on D/G rail & the loco's

boomer_aus_00
January 25th, 2013, 04:15 AM
hello can i change a loco's boogies from S/G to B/G & how do i go about doing so if can? & anyone out there can help me on VR BG Wood with the DG rail on a swich points ? as i have found VR BG MRT - Universal FT Points Frog but it hasn't got the DG points.

boomer_aus_00
January 25th, 2013, 04:13 PM
i'm guessing no one can help?

JCitron
January 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
You could try finding a broad gauge locomotive that is similar to the one you want to convert, and change the bogies in the config.txt file. Remember to clone the asset first so you don't wreck the original.

You didn't specify whether this is a diesel or steam locomotive. This can be difficult with steam locos more than diesels because of how the bogies and running gear attache to the model. A diesle, of course, will be the easiest.

One of the problems you may run into though, is the attachment position. You can use AssetX and the Attachment maker to adjust this position. There is also a way, within the config.txt file, to adjust the height of the bogie. Just remember that if you pull the height up or down too far, this may affect how it looks when used with the loco. A set of bogies pulled down too far will be running in the ground, and those that are pushed up too high will be running into the under carriage of the locomotive.

Your rather vague title may have kept people from answering your question immediately.

John

danny5
January 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Not sure if this will work but have the kuid of the boogies you want to use then right click on the loco you want to use them on.
Go down to edit then edit in exploerer,open the config file change the kuid#s in the kuid table.
It would be best to clone the loco you are wanting to change so not to mess up the orignal one.(once you do this it then will be alright to do on the orignal.

boomer_aus_00
January 25th, 2013, 08:04 PM
ok thx that help alot i'll give it a try :) & i'm guessing no one knows how to over come the Dual/G lines on the switch points? as i'am trying to redo the layout's railway line to make it look real & the way it should of been in real life:P & one other thing can i go into the config.txt & change the kuid for the track to the one i want & it will change it all in the layout & keep it all the same placers on the map? or will it stuff it up?