PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 creators of All time Trainz-TS12

drchoi21
January 13th, 2013, 07:48 PM
here is my list of Top 10 creators that impacted play of trainz.
*No flaming wars, everybody has different opinion
Username - Version created
1. SPORBUST - TRS2004/2006
2. norfolksouthern37 - TS09/10/11/12
3. Tolaris - UTC/Trainz
4. Jaleel - TC1/2/3
5. Dermmy - TRS2004 to TS12
6. Connyxy - TC1/2/3
7. Pofig - TS09+
8. tume - TS09+
9. stevelerro - TRS2004+
10. simulatortrain - TS09+

captainkman
January 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Jaleel had no part in TC3, Paul hobbs or Mike10 should go there.

As much as I'd like to, I am not going to put myself in the TRS2009+ section just for Herbie and the Matchbox stuff. :)

Sourdough
January 13th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I don't think someone who has been here for a couple of years is qualified to compile a top 10 creators list.....a quick look at the list confirms that.

DustinJRaiken
January 13th, 2013, 09:24 PM
No Ben Neal? He makes some of the best Trainz steam locomotives anywhere!

NSWGR_46Class
January 14th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Here is the list of Top 10 creators that impacted play of trainz.
Most of the people on the list joined the Trainz family back when it was still Called Trainz CE (pre UTC)

1) The Brew Crew = did the first Trainz content ever
2) Natvander = Released content under many names = he is the guy who did alot of the orginal Trainz content
3) EricW = got the first steam locos working in Trainz
3) DavidO = worked with Natvander
4) DavidT = early NSWGR stuff pre UTC - sp3
5) Marlboro = did some ground breaking things in 2004
6) AD602000 = started off as a reskinner became a Gmax guru and Gmax teacher
7) Wazzer - UTC
8) Cafe - UTC
9) Sponney - UTC
10) FootplatePhil / Farmboy Engineering + Act Modellers group (started the first co-operative modelling groups )

leeferr
January 14th, 2013, 02:40 AM
This thread is destined for infamy. There are some very prolific creators that I don't see mentioned. I won't mention names, but one is a bridge builder and has given us just about any bridge or trestle that anyone asks for while the other has given us such a wide variety of structures that it baffles the mind. Think CityScapes.

To start listing the top creators is only going to hurt some feelings and I don't think that the OP is trying to do that.

If someone creates something that I need, they're a top creator in my mind.

Mike

NSWGR_46Class
January 14th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Thats why I listed the guys who started it all - from then on we all have been building on their ideas = Tainz has come alone way for a bit of community software that was a freebe in an Aussie PC user magazine.

This thread is destined for infamy. There are some very prolific creators that I don't see mentioned. I won't mention names, but one is a bridge builder and has given us just about any bridge or trestle that anyone asks for while the other has given us such a wide variety of structures that it baffles the mind. Think CityScapes.

To start listing the top creators is only going to hurt some feelings and I don't think that the OP is trying to do that.

If someone creates something that I need, they're a top creator in my mind.

Mike

Tanvaras
January 14th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Couldnt agree more Mike. I for one think anyone that had made some content that I found useful I am very happy and think they are brilliant as my design skills in 3DSMax are still in the new user stage.

So to all content makers. Thanks for all your fine efforts, for without them Trainz wouldn't be what it is today.

Cheers

Trent

KenGreen
January 14th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Couldnt agree more Mike. I for one think anyone that had made some content that I found useful I am very happy and think they are brilliant as my design skills in 3DSMax are still in the new user stage.

So to all content makers. Thanks for all your fine efforts, for without them Trainz wouldn't be what it is today.

Cheers

Trent

I agree with these comments, I have only been with Trainz for 3 years and I don't recognise most of the names in the OP but philscene is a glaring omission. It really depends on where your interest lies. Are these route builders or content creators. Is the list biased towards USA. Where are the SnC team in the above list especially Paul Hobbs, don't forget his tutorials may spawn the next batch of content creators. What about Skipper1945 and Jayholland who are very prolific in the British scene and don't forget the many script creators.
This list is doomed to failure simply because there are just too many creators with various specialties that help to create a brilliant product.

Ken

jjanmarine3
January 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I won't even try to list any creators, there is just so much time and sweat put in by all of them working together and I just marvel at the zillions of cool goodies we DL .
I can say thanks very much to all of them though.

William0d0
January 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
That bort fellow had some pretty cool stuff.:hehe:

daylightrain
January 14th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I don't think that a top 10 list is enough to cover all our favorites. We all have our own opinions. Mabye we should make a poll. First, we vote on who should be on the list. Then we make a list and members vote on it. After voting, the top ten will with the most votes will be selected and posted.

wheelsonfire
January 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Why don't you just play with your Trainz and be thankful that there are people with the skills to make some fantastic content and be good enough to share it instead of posting possibly divisive comments on the forum.

Thanks to all content creators, whatever your skill level.

Robert2d6
January 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Which ice cream tastes the best?

Fitz505
January 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM
The only thing that might come of having a poll and some kind of vote on who the top content creators are, is to possibly create bad feelings. This will not turn out well and could possibly drive some content creator's away.

dragonharh
January 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I do not even wont to be Apart of this so please leave me out!

shaneturner12
January 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
here is my list of Top 10 creators that impacted play of trainz.
*No flaming wars, everybody has different opinion
Username - Version created
1. SPORBUST - TRS2004/2006
2. norfolksouthern37 - TS09/10/11/12
3. Tolaris - UTC/Trainz
4. Jaleel - TC1/2/3
5. Dermmy - TRS2004 to TS12
6. Connyxy - TC1/2/3
7. Pofig - TS09+
8. tume - TS09+
9. stevelerro - TRS2004+
10. simulatortrain - TS09+

I can see what you are attempting to do, but I have concern that a flamewar may result, and some content creators may leave thinking that they're not good enough for the list.

In my opinion, all legitimate content creators would be worthy of being on the list (note I said 'legitimate' - I'm not including those who illegally clone other creators work and upload it to the Download Station in that)

Shane

William0d0
January 14th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Which ice cream tastes the best?

The kind that's in my belly.:p

mp202
January 14th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I can see what you are attempting to do, but I have concern that a flamewar may result, and some content creators may leave thinking that they're not good enough for the list.

In my opinion, all legitimate content creators would be worthy of being on the list (note I said 'legitimate' - I'm not including those who illegally clone other creators work and upload it to the Download Station in that)

Shane

*cough BORT *cough. No that was immature of me, sorry. But I do think this thread is a metaphorical match that starts a flame war.

drchoi21
January 14th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Ah, Damn, I didn't think things through, I just said that post your own favorites and I didn't expect to turn out like this.

NSWGR_46Class
January 14th, 2013, 03:28 PM
You asked for the top 10 content creators that impacted on trainz and come to think of it there is only one.
EricW - with out him trainz would have never have steam locos he is the guy who did all the work to get the first steam locos into and working in trainz -unitl then it was all sparkies and oil burners. Even when at first we had to drive then like a diesel lol.

So who else remembers those days

Vern
January 14th, 2013, 04:21 PM
You've only got to look at the list of contributors that furnish items in even a small route you're making, to see it is impossible to have just ten favourites.

The range of talent is gifted and great and to single out ten individuals is, frankly, a nonsense. There's also numerous categories whether it's route building (the Darjeeling Himalaya team would be close to the top of the list), foliage/terrain Jankvis and McGuirrel please take a bow and buildings - where would we be without Domsarto and Dave Drake? But it's a pointless exercise as there are many more, some come and go and inevitably the list changes as people move on or their content is rendered obsolete by programme changes anyway.

Electro
January 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Here is the list of Top 10 creators that impacted play of trainz.
Most of the people on the list joined the Trainz family back when it was still Called Trainz CE (pre UTC)

1) The Brew Crew = did the first Trainz content ever
2) Natvander = Released content under many names = he is the guy who did alot of the orginal Trainz content
3) EricW = got the first steam locos working in Trainz
3) DavidO = worked with Natvander
4) DavidT = early NSWGR stuff pre UTC - sp3
5) Marlboro = did some ground breaking things in 2004
6) AD602000 = started off as a reskinner became a Gmax guru and Gmax teacher
7) Wazzer - UTC
8) Cafe - UTC
9) Sponney - UTC
10) FootplatePhil / Farmboy Engineering + Act Modellers group (started the first co-operative modelling groups )

:wave: I agree with you mate :)

My only disapointment is i no longer have some of Marlboro,Wazzer,Cafe and sponney's content left, the backup
drive i had all the old content from Trainz and UTC had given up the ghost and i carn't recover all the data,
Would love to see some of it fixed for TS12.

Poul

jjanmarine3
January 15th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Like a lost childhood and the good old times....
it would be cool to have all those who have moved on for whatever reasons back in trainz.
I wonder where they all are ...

AJ_Fox
January 15th, 2013, 02:11 AM
I'm sure the OP had the best of intentions, but this thread is a classic example of why these type of threads are not a good idea. First of all, as has been pointed out, this is subjective. "You like green locos but I like red locos." In my opinion, I am very happy to have all the content creators.

Cheers

AJ

Euphod
January 15th, 2013, 02:31 AM
the best of intentions

A fine paving material for roadways leading to hot climate destinations.

flusi737
January 15th, 2013, 04:43 AM
I'm sure the OP had the best of intentions, but this thread is a classic example of why these type of threads are not a good idea. First of all, as has been pointed out, this is subjective. "You like green locos but I like red locos." In my opinion, I am very happy to have all the content creators.

Cheers

AJ

I have to agree with him, and i want to thank all content creators for their work, no matter whether they are on any list or not...

rjhowie
January 15th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I felt this thread a bit of a contesting one in a minor way I may add! It is such an open subject it cannot get an awful lot of credence being so wide open. Add to that the geographical aspect and tradition.