PDA

View Full Version : Laptop touchpad not working with Trainz 2010

mmckaibab
December 24th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I just loaded this software and was trying to do the first tutorial. But when I get to the part where it prompts you to drive the train by turning the dial, I can't get the dial to turn. None of the buttons in the control panel respond to my touchpad at all: can't sound the horn, can't turn on lights, nothing works. Do laptop touchpads not work with this software?

shaneturner12
December 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Please register your version with N3V - click Planet Auran above, then click Serial Number, then fill in the form.

As for laptop touchpads, these should work with no problems. If yours is having issues, I would suggest checking it's settings.

Shane

ulmer94
December 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Since you have to click and drag to turn knobs and pull levers, if you're using tap-to-click it may be difficult. If your touchpad has left and right buttons, I'd suggest using them to click and drag. If not, you can get an inexpensive USB mouse easily, and that should solve your problem.

JCitron
December 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Since you have to click and drag to turn knobs and pull levers, if you're using tap-to-click it may be difficult. If your touchpad has left and right buttons, I'd suggest using them to click and drag. If not, you can get an inexpensive USB mouse easily, and that should solve your problem.

I purchased a cheap mouse for about $4.00 and use that instead. It's a lot easier than trying to fart around with click-tapping, sliding, spinning in my chair, and then hoping the computer gods float in from the heavens to make the touch pad work.

John

fran1
December 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
It's a lot easier than trying to fart around with click-tapping, sliding, spinning in my chair, and then hoping the computer gods float in from the heavens to make the touch pad work.

John

Love the answer John, a little humor goes a long way.

ulmer94
December 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I use the touchpad because it's what I have, and I'm too lazy to get up and grab my USB mouse. It works just fine with tap-to-click turned off, except with my Lenovo laptop I can't spin textures easily with the touchpad when I'm in Surveyor because I can't move the cursor when I'm holding down any key besides Shift or Ctrl - the no-no keys include [ and ]. I have to get my USB mouse for that.